3/20/11 Clean Looting

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Do you want clean looting on Pangaea again?

Yes
51%
No
49%

Total votes: 45

Kent Strider

Re: 3/20/11 Clean Looting

Post by Kent Strider »

Can't we just lock this topic? It isn't going to happen, poor poor merchants, have fun waiting on the item wipe =)
Andoriel

Post by Andoriel »

Fang-Qui Droma wrote: Which is going to make getting to a suitable level to match everyone else that much harder and you'll always be killing a noob. Congratulations, you got skillz! =P
that was rather provocative... anywho there always been a rule of thumb in pang, your radlius or exceptional iron set don't attract robbers. Always been that way. SO if a person is noob and can respond/rp with a robber, there is a good chance he wont even die
Mag'etherian

Post by Mag'etherian »

Well times may have changed since I last played. I wasn't trying to provoke, just saying. A lot of "noobs" are being killed daily, especially by Telborea Kingdom with screenshots posted on forums. However after taking the time to really browse the forums and notice that thread, I must say I am impressed. I do feel sorry for new players though that don't think to dig into the forums that much when they first join us (like me, though I'm not new to Pang or UO, just returning and having to start new). When I had my first encounter with Thoeak Milner I was like "wtf is this?" lol. But now I've read into his thread and respect what he's doing.

What I said is true though. Nobody can deny that the low-end dungeons are not patrolled frequently by highly skilled players and chances are that majority of the people hunting in them getting killed/robbed are base-class / freshly classed players with low skills. We are kind of limited to where we can hunt too. Some "low-end" dungeons have impossible to kill mobs in it for that dungeons supposed level. Yeah we got 2-handed weapons for strong hitting melee mobs, but A) people lag, B) not everyone knows what they are doing. On top of that you have casters, which low-end hunters can't handle. You guys CAN choose to hunt players elsewhere where you'll find people more your level instead of going to the dungeons newer players are forced into. It won't ruin your RP at all. ;)

Also I have yet to encounter a PvP moment where you can roleplay your life out of it. I was constantly approached even in radlius, so kinda throws that rule of thumb out the door (to me). Actually.. there was once by Covetous. Instead of robbing me they killed Keisarvexious instead lol. Killed both of us, but at least spared my loot, and full loot was allowed then. I will start taking screenshots though and roleplay with all of you. We'll see how it turns out.
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

You are right, but getting killed and robbed are still two different things. Being killed is a minor inconvenience, getting robbed sucks. Like Naz said though, rule of thumb has always been to leave radlius/shadow etc. wearers alone.
Mag'etherian

Post by Mag'etherian »

Yeah killed and robbed are two different things, I agree. It is an inconvenience, especially for nubs. If I was wearing grand gear like the older players who have stuck around Pangaea I personally would have no issue being killed / robbed by people at all, to an extent. Being robbed every 30 minutes, hour, 2 hours is just something nobody should go through unless they are playing on a pure PvP server. PvP servers are anything goes which Pangaea isn't about and never should be. That's the difference between Pangaea and those type of servers. However I wasn't even wearing radlius or shadow at all when I was killed, neither was my brother, but we still died. In the past though I have constantly been killed and robbed in radlius gear. Unless you are meaning just the robberies with the classed players. Than again there's the whole Telborea RP going on which would be why my brother and I got killed in the first place. But if you are meaning the second bit than I respect that. At least you's leave the lower geared players alone and probably to some extent. If someones running around in high-end gear than they can of course afford to get robbed. Especially since their gear can't be taken. Noobs however can't really afford it, which is the main point I've always been trying to get out.
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

The rule has always been you can not be robbed more than once per week though.
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Or.

You can start a foundation for the new arrivals to Felucca. Gather contributions and then give Telborea 7k for every baseclass you wish.
For the old school rich players 7k is nothing. So why not help out the new players and buy the permission for them?

Pangaeas very own noob foundation.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Mike

Post by Mike »

Fang-Qui Droma wrote: If someones running around in high-end gear than they can of course afford to get robbed. Especially since their gear can't be taken. Noobs however can't really afford it, which is the main point I've always been trying to get out.
Care to clarify this? I was like WTF?
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

i think that what he means is that for noobs, every little thing you loot is too much.
for old players they don't care.they are so rich they walk with high end gear, and since they cannot be looted, they'll only get richer and therefore care even less about losing a few bandages
Taxar

Post by Taxar »

I'll finaly be able to say "You have it easy nowaday! Back then, we were getting resskilled and drylooted!" ;)