Identity Rule

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Johnny Walac

Re: Identity Rule

Post by Johnny Walac »

Glarundis wrote:Can you make a list of every character each of your character knows?
I can't.

Why do you gotta make it so complicated?

Either your character remembers the persons or not. If it has been such a long time ago since they met. It's very Rp'ish they forgot about it. Can you make a list of every person you met IRL? I can't. But I might remember them if I meet them. Same goes for in-game. Very very very easy. If you don't remember. It's a big chance your character neither does. So roleplay it out! "Have we met before?"
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Melkor

Post by Melkor »

Exactly what Johnny said, it can all be resolved with some fun RP!
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Kinda funny, things that are a given in other RP games I've played needs a script on pang ;D;D.

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

johnny you are partially right. The problem is, you are only one person in your real life, so you either remember a person or not, but if it looks familliar, it definately looks familiar to you!
in uo, you may know that char, but you can't remember which of your 5 chars knows him. I don't think I have trouble seeing someone IG and realizing I've seen him or not before. The problem is knowing which of my chars met him. Was it my bard?my priest?etc
Melkor

Post by Melkor »

Glarundis wrote:johnny you are partially right. The problem is, you are only one person in your real life, so you either remember a person or not, but if it looks familliar, it definately looks familiar to you!
in uo, you may know that char, but you can't remember which of your 5 chars knows him. I don't think I have trouble seeing someone IG and realizing I've seen him or not before. The problem is knowing which of my chars met him. Was it my bard?my priest?etc
"Have we met before?"
"Not sure, what is your name?"
"xxxx"
"Might be, but I cant seem to recall you, gives us a fresh start then, doesnt it?"
"Yar yar"
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

well yeah melkor, but what's the problem about the whole thing then?whoever wants to rp can do it like that...
I admit I can run from reds, but I talk to people and can ask for their name
Melkor

Post by Melkor »

Glarundis wrote:well yeah melkor, but what's the problem about the whole thing then?whoever wants to rp can do it like that...
I admit I can run from reds, but I talk to people and can ask for their name
Theres the problem right there.
Biggs

Post by Biggs »

Why the fack would you want to roleplay for! This isnt a rp shard youknoooooow ... lol i agree though i played a shard after first wipe and it had some wierd scripts that unless you introduced yourself to a person your paper doll wouldnt open and you could only see objects in your line of sight, inside house ment you could only see those four walls.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

But there are tons of ppl that don't want to rp, or rp the mininum possible.
You could also go and say "you're not rp'ing enough"
Look at religious battles sometimes :P
Sure, this rule is like "protecting" those who don't want to rp these situations because they can always "i don't care, there's a rule that allows me to do this" but even without a rule, they can do whatever they want..

for biggs: would be nice to have what that shard had. but hey biggs. this _is_ a rp shard
Mike

Post by Mike »

RP is not about the maximum amount of text possible, sometimes it's better RP to just attack a known enemy.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota