Identity Rule

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Kent Strider

Re: Identity Rule

Post by Kent Strider »

Johnny your right about one thing it's a roleplay killer, and it does seem stupid. The problem though is Repsak made that rule for a reason, people will abuse certain situations any way they can. Not saying any of us that have enough common sense to talk about it would do that, but it happens.
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Kent Strider wrote:Johnny your right about one thing it's a roleplay killer, and it does seem stupid. The problem though is Repsak made that rule for a reason, people will abuse certain situations any way they can. Not saying any of us that have enough common sense to talk about it would do that, but it happens.

Abuse roleplay situations? Then it's called roleplay. If i'm a backstabbing assassin. I would go 'round telling my name is Bob. If people wanna roleplay a coward, lier, deciever or Lord British himself. They can call themself whatever they like. But a decent roleplay would actually introduce themself properly. Some people might find joy in "tricking" someone and saying a false name. They won't gain anything. Expect some roleplay "Hey theres Bob! Bob? No thats John? What are you two jabbering about?! Thats Tom!"
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

Like I said I do agree with you, but Repsak wasn't a tard it must be for a reason.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Probably because players couldn't handle separating IC and OOC when it came down to names.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Mike wrote:Probably because players couldn't handle separating IC and OOC when it came down to names.

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

Johnny Walac wrote:Abuse roleplay situations? Then it's called roleplay.
I actually like this part.
Although I'm with Kent here, Repsak did that for a reason. And not just "ppl can't separate IG from OOC when it comes to names"

Maybe the reason is, it simplifies things and makes it so that we won't have crap all over the place about "this char didn't rp!" etc etc, so it's a given thing that you know ppl. No more grey areas.
Otherwise it's like "he didn't know i was robber, he shouldn't have run away!" "yes i did know, because you told me your name and i knew that char already" which ends up on being one's word against another one's word.
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Since a few off us are playing this shard and another which shall not be named for my own security =) - I've begun to feel again that this rule is ridiclous since it works perfectly fine on this other shard and poeple see RP potential in it and since most of them have or is playing pang aswell it feel like the pang community is ready for this rule to be removed.

Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

No offense but Lorendia hasn't even been around for 6 full months total bro.
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Actully it has, you just seem to be all mad that you would be even more frozen out there then on pang.

Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

I'm not mad at anything, but I love how thats your "Go to" method. ;)