New Robber Rule.

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Boris
Admin

Re: New Robber Rule.

Post by Boris »

Johnny Walac wrote:24h? That is way to little. And I see no hassle with the thing. It will be like now. But when I got SS if someone running without roleplay after I said Halt. I can attack on sight the next time. Very simple imo.
Then basicly anyone can attack you aswell without a warning and use an excuse "you tried to rob my friend 2 days ago". It just isn't as easy as it sounds.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Edward Sinclair

Post by Edward Sinclair »

24h? That is way to little. And I see no hassle with the thing
Considering how a few noobs have taken a liking to this shard after a player of many years decides to PK them in the fields, I think 24 hours is reasonable enough (unless there's a rule in place protecting noobs from being killed/robbed?). I also feel that a few provisions need to be made for new players (e.g. about larger fields and RP, the latter I need a lot :\ - but I do love how there's a small place in the nooby area to PvM, v good job on that) but that would be appropriate for another topic. There's also the concern about being robbed twice within a few days, I think there may be a rule in place to prevent that, I don't know as I haven't played in a while.
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Boris wrote:
Johnny Walac wrote:24h? That is way to little. And I see no hassle with the thing. It will be like now. But when I got SS if someone running without roleplay after I said Halt. I can attack on sight the next time. Very simple imo.
Then basicly anyone can attack you aswell without a warning and use an excuse "you tried to rob my friend 2 days ago". It just isn't as easy as it sounds.

- Boris
No not anyone. Unless that person has sent two SS containing the proof that I have runned away from a robbery without RP twice he can't attack on sight.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Edward Sinclair wrote:
24h? That is way to little. And I see no hassle with the thing
Considering how a few noobs have taken a liking to this shard after a player of many years decides to PK them in the fields, I think 24 hours is reasonable enough (unless there's a rule in place protecting noobs from being killed/robbed?). I also feel that a few provisions need to be made for new players (e.g. about larger fields and RP, the latter I need a lot :\ - but I do love how there's a small place in the nooby area to PvM, v good job on that) but that would be appropriate for another topic. There's also the concern about being robbed twice within a few days, I think there may be a rule in place to prevent that, I don't know as I haven't played in a while.
Currently there are no rule protecting noobs from being killed. And I think 24h is too little for people who run without RP. I would say a few weeks at least seems reasonable. There is a rule preventing someone to be robbed twice the same week by a player/guild.
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Edward Sinclair wrote:Considering how a few noobs have taken a liking to this shard after a player of many years decides to PK them in the fields, I think 24 hours is reasonable enough (unless there's a rule in place protecting noobs from being killed/robbed?). I also feel that a few provisions need to be made for new players (e.g. about larger fields and RP, the latter I need a lot :\ - but I do love how there's a small place in the nooby area to PvM, v good job on that) but that would be appropriate for another topic. There's also the concern about being robbed twice within a few days, I think there may be a rule in place to prevent that, I don't know as I haven't played in a while.
Those are already prevented by the current rules.

- You can't be robbed by the same person or by the same guild more than once a week.
- It's legal to kill baseclass, but illegal to rob baseclass.
Johnny Walac wrote:Unless that person has sent two SS containing the proof that I have runned away from a robbery without RP twice he can't attack on sight.
If you're allowed to attack on sight a victim that has run away twice, it's ofcourse as legal for the victim or the victim's reinforcements to do so.

- Boris
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Boris wrote:
Edward Sinclair wrote:Considering how a few noobs have taken a liking to this shard after a player of many years decides to PK them in the fields, I think 24 hours is reasonable enough (unless there's a rule in place protecting noobs from being killed/robbed?). I also feel that a few provisions need to be made for new players (e.g. about larger fields and RP, the latter I need a lot :\ - but I do love how there's a small place in the nooby area to PvM, v good job on that) but that would be appropriate for another topic. There's also the concern about being robbed twice within a few days, I think there may be a rule in place to prevent that, I don't know as I haven't played in a while.
Those are already prevented by the current rules.

- You can't be robbed by the same person or by the same guild more than once a week.
- It's legal to kill baseclass, but illegal to rob baseclass.
Johnny Walac wrote:Unless that person has sent two SS containing the proof that I have runned away from a robbery without RP twice he can't attack on sight.
If you're allowed to attack on sight a victim that has run away twice, it's ofcourse as legal for the victim or the victim's reinforcements to do so.

- Boris
That means anyone in the players guild can also attack the victim on sight? And anyone who declared himself their friend?
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Basicly anyone. So that's why it becomes a hussle.

But instead of this attack-on-sight stuff, you could simply take SS's of the victims who run on sight. It's not qualified as good RP to run away from red names/tags.

- Boris
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Boris wrote:Basicly anyone. So that's why it becomes a hussle.

But instead of this attack-on-sight stuff, you could simply take SS's of the victims who run on sight. It's not qualified as good RP to run away from red names/tags.

- Boris
And what would the staff do about people who run without RP? It's not against the rules only of bad taste. That is why I would like this rule so the robber can handle it himself.

And there is no need for a hussle. Limit it down. Only the players involved in the robbery can attack on sight. That would mean the robber and the victim. No one else.
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Johnny Walac wrote:And there is no need for a hussle. Limit it down. Only the players involved in the robbery can attack on sight. That would mean the robber and the victim. No one else.
Then it will change more than one rule and is even a bigger issue. Not to mention, it benefits the robber more as the victims friends can't help... well, atleast as easy as before. And even if that would be done, 2 weeks is way too much. 24h would be the maxium, so if you try to rob someone once and he flees, you wouldn't have to RP it seperately the second time (if such a thing would occur during the same day). Makes sense that way.

And what we do to running away a red name? Well, starts with a warning and if it continues, we'll start marking accounts for it ofcourse. It's legal to run away from a Halt, but running a away on sight due to the color of a name is surely another thing.

- Boris
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Boris wrote:
Johnny Walac wrote:And there is no need for a hussle. Limit it down. Only the players involved in the robbery can attack on sight. That would mean the robber and the victim. No one else.
Then it will change more than one rule and is even a bigger issue. Not to mention, it benefits the robber more as the victims friends can't help... well, atleast as easy as before. And even if that would be done, 2 weeks is way too much. 24h would be the maxium, so if you try to rob someone once and he flees, you wouldn't have to RP it seperately the second time (if such a thing would occur during the same day). Makes sense that way.

And what we do to running away a red name? Well, starts with a warning and if it continues, we'll start marking accounts for it ofcourse. It's legal to run away from a Halt, but running a away on sight due to the color of a name is surely another thing.

- Boris
The victims friends can still help but then the normal rules would apply. Rp before PvP. Which would be an achievement for those guys who ran without RP.
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2