What would you want to do IG?

Discuss here anything you like to, but keep a proper tone

Moderator: Game Masters

Mackean

Re: What would you want to do IG?

Post by Mackean »

Wolfie wrote:
Blide wrote:
Monad wrote:Sure it can be annyoing but hunting definitely is not too hard here. If we'd increase the hitting rate, we'd need to adjust the mobs in other ways so it wouldn't become too easy - which I don't find necessary. There's few mobs which needs tweaking compared to the loot they give, necromancer for example. But generally it's pretty well balanced.
I missed 35 times hitting an ettin with 110 macefighting and tactcs. So itz is hard to hunt, you can't solo anything except despise with a knight nowadays.....
Sounds like a broken weapon, try getting it repaired.
i've had a brand new spear that not only misses more than half the time but cant decide whether it wants to do 30 damge or 1 damage to an ogre with over 86 fencing :/
Aerius

Post by Aerius »

Mackean wrote: i've had a brand new spear that not only misses more than half the time but cant decide whether it wants to do 30 damge or 1 damage to an ogre with over 86 fencing :/
I have noticed a fluctuation in Damage and Hit Rate myself. Sometimes I hit lower Blessed than I do when not blessed. Its rare that I see a difference like that but I've hit 1 a few times on Trolls, Ettins, Ogres, etc... I just regard it as my character had a muscle spasm and didn't swing with full effect :oops: .
I do think its odd that anyone with 110 in Weapon, Tact, and Anat would hit low or miss frequently.
~639-910-660~
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

I recommend GM'ing a skill before talking about a bad hitrate.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Hilda

Post by Hilda »

Boris wrote:I recommend GM'ing a skill before talking about a bad hitrate.

- Boris
Well...it happened several times where I've missed 6-10 times in a row on low creatures like trolls, shaboolis and orcs, with 110 mace and a scepter.
Mackean

Post by Mackean »

Boris wrote:I recommend GM'ing a skill before talking about a bad hitrate.

- Boris
i've had 100 mace and 100 tactics on a bard back in the days and missed plenty times with an exceptional solar war hammer :/
Mackean

Post by Mackean »

how about increasing the hit rate but decreasing the durability so that the weapons break easier, that way blacksmiths get more business and hunting can be less running left to right for about 5 mins to kill an ogre who isnt even going to have anything useful on him O_o
Monad
Game Master

Post by Monad »

Monad wrote:Sure it can be annyoing but hunting definitely is not too hard here. If we'd increase the hitting rate, we'd need to adjust the mobs in other ways so it wouldn't become too easy - which I don't find necessary. There's few mobs which needs tweaking compared to the loot they give, necromancer for example. But generally it's pretty well balanced.
I've been player on this shard too and hunted with lot of different characters all kind of monsters. I know it's not too hard here you're all just feeling a bit whiny. ;) Hit rate is one of those main things what defines the balance for hunting and it's very sensitive thing to adjust.
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

I do not see any problems with hit ratings i've hunted with macefight, sms, fencing and archery and imo they work just as they are supposed to. imo there is no problem with fighting skills or hit ratings.
Yudhishthir

Post by Yudhishthir »

I like cooking and farming. One of my favorite things ever in Ultima. Expand on the recipes a bit and create some new things! This is something that can be done without hunting, without worry of something appearing and attacking you, and still takes time and effort. And done with a few people can result in fun RP! Maybe make cooking buffs on meals cooked by GM cooks. (thanks wow for the idea) Maybe make feasts that can buff/feed your whole hunting party. That would give cooks a nice perk.

Is there a brewing system implemented to go along with cooking?

You can expand on the current smoking system, and go beyond just nightshade, and create different herbs with different effects. Make them growable. Or grow naturally randomly in the world and once harvested the plant is gone. Maybe a small chance to find a seed.

Those both kinda go along with the cooking idea, as they are just farming and harvesting and creating items. My favorite thing to do :)
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

once again this brings into my mind cook boost that someone asked... adding good effects like potions have to food would make cook actualy useful... example blessing somehow... increasing crafting skill or something and they would be sold a lot... Make them differ from potions effects and then its all good. Like food that would lock inteligence gain for 10minutes would be awesome... or suchs like that.