an Ideer how to balance things

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Kent Strider

Re: an Ideer how to balance things

Post by Kent Strider »

Jayson wrote:Hmm in the logic, you wouldn't call the dragon a pet, he is a companion willing to fight side by side with you, if you do not feed your friend he will eat you for you forgot you are equals and cannot disrespect the great power of the dragon!
I agree with Jayson, dragons should be useable, but I think only for magic users, a druid would be completely fucked without a dragon.
Alteran

Post by Alteran »

The slots animals take:

Lesser wyrm: 4
Wyvern: 6
Drake, frost drake, unicorn: 7
Mare: 12
Grey, great, royal, white, green: 15
Phoenix: 16
Ancient: 22
Do you even sleep or just realy borred . (joke).
you are just full of thise things..

Alteran
Alteran

Post by Alteran »

Rolf....

Alteran
Maximilian Lhoth

Post by Maximilian Lhoth »

Jayson wrote:lol alteran did you see his helper website :D

http://www.angelfire.com/pro/maximilian/guide.txt

check that stuff out lol
The stuff is partially illegal to post here (the armor ore effects etc), I pasted it here back then but those parts were removed :p

- The Detailed One
Maximilian Lhoth

Quintoz wrote:we are still PRIEST we should have 100 healing.
Heh, no class has forensic eval over 65, so why give over 85 healing to any. But its kinda silly:

Casters: as a general rule 0 healing, inexistant fighting skills, good casting skills
Fighters: as a general rule 85 healing, good fighting skills, inexistant casting skills
Caster-fighters: 100 healing, decent fighting skills, superior casting skills

Ah... I forgot, bard is a caster-fighter too and has 0 healing.

I personally have no problem with priest having 100 healing though, it's the rites, rituals that I would target instead of skills / stats.
Maximilian Lhoth

First. Pet nerfs:

Mare -> no nerf
Grey -> some nerf, but should be better than mare
Great -> grey
Royal -> great
Ancient -> royal

And ancient would still take 22 slots so only tamer with cloth or heightened super taming skill can use one.

WHITE and GREEN dragons need a BOOST on the other hand, they are decoration only - them taking 7 slots only would be fine, considering how weak they are at the moment when tamed.

And priest/dragon issue:

Animal lore 91 will give 16 slots to all classes - fighter, merchant or magic user. Meditation 85 will give priests 14 slots and from that the slot amount will not raise, whatever the meditation skill. Rangers and some other fighter types can get 16 slots by using massive animal lore cloth and therefore pokehunt with dragons.

Magic users and merchants would get 16 slots by 91 meditation, animal lore 91 would not be required but would give 16 slots as well.

Stoning and malediction would be removed from tomes. (See, even the PvP'er religion HP's didn't like them at all). Scepter could use a nerf, but only minor, to make priest more casting oriented and to encourage people playing a religious knight ("paladin") for example for PvP. At the moment everyone switches to priest just because priest is simply better. And with better char you can PvP better, you can PvM better, get more money and "respect".
Mike

Post by Mike »

Who's playing a heightened tamer with taming cloths again?
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
volc

Post by volc »

Mike wrote:Who's playing a heightened tamer with taming cloths again?
he is one of the very few people in these forums who is capable of discussing ideas without staying in the shadow of personal benefits. so shut up.
"Hey developer, this is Rock. Nerf Paper. Scissors is fine."
Mike

Post by Mike »

volc wrote:
Mike wrote:Who's playing a heightened tamer with taming cloths again?
he is one of the very few people in these forums who is capable of discussing ideas without staying in the shadow of personal benefits. so shut up.

NO U
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Kenyon Ahearn

Post by Kenyon Ahearn »

As a knight going priest i'd say:

Don't touch scepters.

Nerf resist to 85?

Im unsure about the nerfing of healing, myeah leave that. Give dragons to the casters, feck the fighters erm dont touch rites except malediction and stoning.

woo.

I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter.