Macrocheck complaint

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Kent Strider

Re: Macrocheck complaint

Post by Kent Strider »

Mackean wrote:yah well in that case could we get rid of the macrocheck jail time please? its not like failing a macrocheck ruins gameplay for anyone else other then the guy who failed it
This is the truth.
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

Mackean wrote: yah well in that case could we get rid of the macrocheck jail time please? its not like failing a macrocheck ruins gameplay for anyone else other then the guy who failed it

Has to be a suitable punishment for failing 3 times, and what's worse than losing macroing time besides banishment?
Tyrion

Post by Tyrion »

Monad wrote:During the few months what we have had led the shard with the current setup of staff, in my humble opinion we have done pretty good job and we have no plans to change the direction. Of course there is always to improve and we make mistakes too and we try to learn from those, but if you feel like our direction is fundamentally against your ideal gaming, then simply this shard is not suitable for you. We have different kind of players and as I said previously, we can't please everyone but this is the way how Pangaea works. We also have tons of new stuff coming and all the time planning for more to improve to make this shard better. You just need to believe in us.
I agree that you guys have done an amazing job of revitalizing the server, without a doubt. The neutrality you take towards approaching an issue is without reproach. With the history of this server though, I think it is also fair to say that there is still LOADS of work that needs to be done and a good place to start would be the rules section. Recent scenarios that should be addressed: Macro-check rules, Abuse of Adventurer GM, addressing grey areas when it comes to abuse of the system (asshole rule, easy vs. hard attainment of skills / gold, summoning guards in dungeons, piety drops), declaring wars (reasons NOT acceptable for declaration of war eg. house list). I have heard of late many issues that have occurred where if the rules were simply written to be less ambiguous, it would raise fewer questions in regards to the current perspective the rules imply and most likely result in less GM intervention IG.
Maximilian Lhoth

Post by Maximilian Lhoth »

Personally I think a failed macrocheck should lead to a "suspended sentence" or 3 months or so.

A failed macrocheck during those 3 months (or so) would lead to the traditional macrocheck punishment, which is, as we know, as we mostly all have suffered it:

skill and stat drop and an account mark which gets removed after 6 months.

But why?

Less paranoia, still no unattended macroing. I feel so paranoid all the time. :-p
Xerxes

Post by Xerxes »

Sorry to read all of this, and even more sorry to read how bitter some people can respond.

Fact is: the rules clearly state how this situation is handled, at front you knew what rules you had to abide with. Not knowing (if such respond would be given) the rules doesn't mean that you can break them nonetheless.

However, I do must admit that they seem rather harsh on this subject, perhaps that we can discuss (preferrably on the counselor/staff forum) small amends to this rule?

I personally like the idea Sebastian proposed,
Bird location: 312331437
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

i myself like lhoth's idea too :)
but why not make the timer go from 5 to 10 minutes?
it's not like it's going to make reaching gm any easier, or making players afk train their skills.
but you won't have to run to your pc every 4 minutes...you will have to run to your pc (in case your doing other stuff) 2 times less, in general. That's pretty good if you look at it. And at the same time, doesn't feel that you're letting it be any easier for macroers. 5 or 10 minutes, you're still going to stay at home either way. But you won't have a problem in safely going for a sandwich or having masano's problem.
his post was the best actually :D
Jaskier Huntley

Post by Jaskier Huntley »

Thumbs up for raising time from 5 to 10 minutes
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Jaskier Huntley wrote:Thumbs up for raising time from 5 to 10 minutes
I would have time to go to tobacco without closing game! Well you cant have always everything but would love to have a smoke without fear of losing my heighten.
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

I could agree to this at least.
Bipina Huntley

Post by Bipina Huntley »

thumbs up

i never failed macrocheck, but it would give you this comfort when you go to toilet for example :)
because i noticed that when your gains are nice and you will relog, gains arent nice anymore :(