Clean looting?

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Allow clean looting?

Yes
49%
No
51%

Total votes: 57

Aileth

Re: Clean looting?

Post by Aileth »

Mike wrote:
Aileth wrote: That doesn't change the fact that some players will still kill for later trashing all the victim's items, without any consideration taken to the player's roleplay.
No, but it gives time to RP for those that would like to.
Unfortunately this is a minority, just like the minority who actually roleplays with robbers.
yuusou

Post by yuusou »

Mike wrote:
Aileth wrote: That doesn't change the fact that some players will still kill for later trashing all the victim's items, without any consideration taken to the player's roleplay.
No, but it gives time to RP for those that would like to.
To make a victim think twice about sending a .mayday, a message could show "<Victim> has sent a bird for help."
The maydayed religion would get a message saying "<Victim> is being robbed."
The other religion, say the victim ".mayday law", then Imperial would get a message saying "<Victim> has requested Law's help in a robbery", just in case they feel like helping out as well.

This way .mayday would be considered or not, giving a chance for RP.
Sure the victim can request for help over ICQ or UOAM but it always takes longer than .mayday, because they have to say specifically where they are or for others to pinpoint them as opposed to the tracking system IG.

This just helps with the .mayday though, doesn't help with the RP. It can actually be used to the robbers advantage, they'll just take the .mayday as an excuse to kill then and there.
Bruce

Post by Bruce »

Jessica wrote:At the moment looting rules are quite funny. You could get the almost same amount of loot from newbie in despise (somehow even the baseclasses seem to find jewels and whatnot...), than from some really good guy hunting at another dungeon.
the reason for that is the britain market! :P because some of us care for the playbase and want it to grow... and something like dryloot wont help it.
Masano

Post by Masano »

Surely the insurance idea would only benefit wealthy players. I also dont believe it would make any real difference to the amounts of gold people have. Rich people are rich for a reason- because they find it easy to make gold, all you would get is a bunch of rich people running around in their protected indies. Most robbers are also rich too via previous carreers or muling and rob with their rich friends due to boredom or whatever so I dont think the insurance system would be a fair one.

Looking at it from a neutral persepective whenever this clean looting debate comes up its always the rich/stronger PvPers that want clean looting and the rest that dont, I wonder why that is.
Aznar

Post by Aznar »

Looking at the votes so far, it seems the opinions on this matter are roughly 50/50 divided

And about the argument that it benefits wealthy players only, everybody has a chance to become wealthy. There's nothing stopping you from becoming rich.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Yeap, it a long way. Not only for the players but for the staff aswell.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

imo, insurance system won't work and is not good.
about drylooting, i'd allow it, even though i'm not rich and suck at pvp.
but i'm quite sure this wouldn't be good at this time.so maybe we should vote for this, but in a few months?

to me, it's stupid that everyone goes around with their clothes.
then you die, but hey, your clothes that are worth millions are still there yay!

to me, it should be like, you die, you get looted. clean looted if the robber wants, not clean looted if the robber doesn't, whatever.
i'm only concerned for what will happen (again) to the shard if clean looting is allowed.
i'd say whatever someone said before.

not before we have a tight hand on rules and robbing/warring, something like that

perhaps the 5 item system?or something like, you can loot 20 points worth of clothes (and the other items that are allowed right now)
an indy is 10 points, fortified 8 points, etc..
Bruce

Post by Bruce »

Masano wrote:Surely the insurance idea would only benefit wealthy players. I also dont believe it would make any real difference to the amounts of gold people have. Rich people are rich for a reason- because they find it easy to make gold, all you would get is a bunch of rich people running around in their protected indies. Most robbers are also rich too via previous carreers or muling and rob with their rich friends due to boredom or whatever so I dont think the insurance system would be a fair one.

Looking at it from a neutral persepective whenever this clean looting debate comes up its always the rich/stronger PvPers that want clean looting and the rest that dont, I wonder why that is.
I agree its mostly thoses who just login to pvp.. and the rest dont really want this..who are the people who have worked really hard by login online for hunts/ selling items, etc.. for example there is someone on here who has one year of online time and he isnt a millionaire ... and the current limit looting rule is working and should continue. Also I think dryloot/ clean looting is along way for pang.
Aileth

Post by Aileth »

Bruce wrote: ... and the current limit looting rule is working and should continue.
I have to disagree on this one. Even with these rules, people still find a way to break it, either by taking rules too literally or using the asshole rule.

At the moment my final vote is no.

If however, significant changes are made to the robbery system (and i would like to highlight that it should also include changes on the victim's side) and the playerbase abides by them, I would like this poll to re-appear in a few months, to hopefully vote yes.
KaneThun

Post by KaneThun »

As i see now everyone uses clothes, even guys in radlius armour.
So people have no afraid of loosing clothes.

The point is if you are rich enough to get indy clothes you are rich enough to get new ones if you get robbed which is not the case since the looting rules dont allow it.