-Blessed items only be used by members of the religion...

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Mag'etherian

Re: -Blessed items only be used by members of the religion..

Post by Mag'etherian »

I had a long reply for this earlier which I chose to close browser instead of replying. Now I just can't help myself with the responses since then. I see both sides of the story, however, you should never favor a religion just because they can buff you. That's showing you care nothing about that religion, just their blessings. If you want to support them and recieve blessings, join that religion, don't make a non-religious guild and expect their god's favor. You're dealing with the members, not their diety. I'm actually surprised that anyone from Tekstone, Telborea or Exosus Nox can even think of complaining here. How strong are you's already? Do you really need more power? This fix may even balance things out more and if you have a problem with that, then stop playing Pangaea or L2PB.

Law was born strong on this server and from what I've been told, isn't so much anymore. I can't help but think a lot of you people just want to PvP and not so much PvM or RP without PvP. Why was Law given such a strong power? Maybe to prevent a server being overun with murderers and robbers. Which has been going on for months. Stop it with your adrenaline excuse. I don't play a game to reach adrenaline. If you're an adrenaline junky, go do something IRL. They needed something to compensate for the numbers against them and to this day, still happens. Amazing. The way it stands right now, it's Tekstone, Telborea and Exosus Nox vs the world. The only ones standing up is Law, which are few members. Perhaps because the following three run the server, maybe not. I don't know. Imperial just started to step up and at least take on one of the three ruling forces. Not newbie friendly players, but the "badasses" of the server.

I may not have made my message clear earlier, but it has been 3 groups vs 1 - Law. I won't count the endless noobs and beginning players they constantly assault. By noobs I mean players 3 times minimum under their skill level. Don't you dare say grow stronger and get better when you all know you prevent that from happening. I can't take a shit outside of town without running into player problems. Don't say pay 10k gold either Thoeak. I already have, on 2 of my 4 chars. You now want everyone to join your ranks or your other guild involving Telborea. Forcing everyone into PVP. Noobs need town, and joining you makes that incapable. Seriousy, we need a non-PvP dungeon. Despise is that dungeon. Don't say this will force high-end players to go there, because it won't. It can even restrict players from entering at certain skills, but 65 freshly classed isn't one of them in my books. If I am capable of hunting elsewhere, I will. As will other players. We are forced into PvP on Pangaea, nothing else. No character can just class a character and afford to get robbed. They've spent their whole time classing just to afford their first set of gear. Why should they lose it? We're trying to get more players not lose them. Without muleing or meta-gaming you can't afford this even on an alt of yours.

So I am glad that we have restrictions to blesses. You should join a religion for the RP-sake, not expect a blessing because you're a friend. If you deal the damage, take the damage. Just like if you give insuts, expect them back and don't get angry because of it. I hate losing the ability to lose blessings from religions, if say I am hunting ... but not when I PVP.

Tyrion wrote:
Mike wrote:I think this change is bad to be honest. The rationale can go both ways obviously, but in the greater perspective it will be bad for diversity on the shard.
In what way will diversity be affected other than in pvp?
I fail to see how this can be diversed outside of PvP. Unless we were allowed blessings on a non-religious char during PvM. I didn't even get to talk about half the stuff I had planned on, but I'm trying to enjoy myself ... not deal with forum drama. Have fun everyone. Just wanted to say at least something.
Andoriel

Post by Andoriel »

For people who cant comprehend advantage of the second option: secondary options would still allow pvm advantage of having a priest along with a non-religion fighter char valid. Because you still can carry a moul blessed with law against a dragon. With first option its not possible...
Now if anyone says if you want bless go join religion I'll say try receiving a opposite religion damage from even 40 piety priest to your 30-40 armor points. Its not fun at all. Which is why we don't have non-piety fighters/mages in religion to begin with.
I dont think in a long run this is a good idea either. It needs more modification. If you want to increase number of fighters in religion you certainly have to get rid of the extra damage you recieve just from being in religion.This would put everyone in same level. There is a reason why fighters prefer to be outside despite advantages(regeneration, some positive mass rite effects) you get when your in.

religion religion religion, count how many religion was in this post about religion bless.
Last edited by Andoriel on Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Arion

Post by Arion »

Why cant people just join a religion if they want a bless? there's upsides and downsides deal with it.
Andoriel

Post by Andoriel »

son downsides outweights up sides :) You'll know when you have something besides a priest in a religion. Try a mage for example :)
Arion

Post by Arion »

At this point in time I do have something other than a priest in a religion... a non piety char at that!
Tyrion

Post by Tyrion »

Andoriel wrote:son downsides outweights up sides :) You'll know when you have something besides a priest in a religion. Try a mage for example :)
How does a mage benefit from the point of this entire discussion? I realize you're using that as an example but the question remains relevant as most people do not have all of their characters in a religion.
Mag'etherian

Post by Mag'etherian »

Arion wrote:Why cant people just join a religion if they want a bless? there's upsides and downsides deal with it.
Why can't people just join a religion for the roleplay of it and not just the PvP of it? That's obviously where this topic is. I have had many chars in religions on many shards, including Pang. I never have done it for the power or lack of, ever. Just the personality of my character and RP.
Diam Larkei

Post by Diam Larkei »

Will allied guils get religious boost damage??
Don't argue with idiots.They drag you to their own level,then beat you with experience!
GO!HabsGO!
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Religion only.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Andoriel

Post by Andoriel »

edit: Ugh because of Tyrions enlightened state of mind, I give up
Last edited by Andoriel on Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:14 am, edited 3 times in total.