-Blessed items only be used by members of the religion...

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Boris
Admin

Re: -Blessed items only be used by members of the religion..

Post by Boris »

Aerius wrote:If its a worry about Religion Damage, perhaps just reduce it a bit?
It really shouldn't be a factor when joining a religion. In my opinion, this only draws more people to religions - instead of blocking people out. If you want all the benefits of a religion, then join one. If you join with a non-piety character, true, you can't bless stuff yourself (and you never have) - but atleast you can wear blessed armor/weapons, wich is something you can't do outside of the religion.

What comes to "now priests are useless in group hunts", that's pure bullwhack.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Ivan wrote:
Aerius wrote:Priest is still a support class, if you join Religion with non-Med/Piety class... who are you going to have Bless your equipment? A Priest.

I like this idea, forces more non Med/Piety classes to decide if they want such boosts to pick up the RP and join a Religion. I personally would like to see more Class variations in religions and I think this is just the kind of push we need into that direction. If its a worry about Religion Damage, perhaps just reduce it a bit?

You can always rp your guild to be followers of winchester etc etc and ally law... no need to exactly be in law... now the advantages they gain by being friends of law has been erased...
Yeah pretty much. Telborean chars can no longer have Dacca blesses on hunts, I think that sucks. Joining Tekstone overcomes the problem with game mechanics, but it takes away the RP of Telborea from the shard. Sure, a few noob chars will go unmolested but overall its a loss for RP.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Monad
Game Master

Post by Monad »

How does it actually take away RP if Telboreans can't use Tekstone blesses for their own advantage on hunts?
If you're saying that guilds cannot hunt without religion blesses you're badly wrong.
Aileth

Post by Aileth »

I failed to understand the point where Telborea doesn't want to become part of Tek but wants their blesses for hunting.
Imagine you used them for robbing instead of hunting? It doesn't seem fair that someone out of the religion can use blessed items from the religion.
Masano

Post by Masano »

Obviously not a popular change for alot of people but I think a good decision. The only real losers here are red robbers which Im sure is why Darian is putting alot of effort into argueing against it after recently reforming Nox ;p.

I like it because its forces people to make a choice. Previously I could hunt with my barbarian, get fully blessed up by a nature priest, kill dragons easier and then go back to being a neutral after the hunt. Now I have to consider whether the benefits of being able to hunt monsters easier outweigh the negatives of being a member of Nature...having to respect their rules, fight to defend Yew and all those things.

As far as PvP goes I always thought it was odd that I could wear armours and weapons blessed by a religion which I had no devotion to and didnt really care about yet could become so much stronger, ofcourse I still did it because who doesnt like their char to be stronger. I think this is something that has been wrong since the start but we just got used to it and after time we will all get used to the new rule.
Aerius

Post by Aerius »

Boris wrote:
Aerius wrote:If its a worry about Religion Damage, perhaps just reduce it a bit?
It really shouldn't be a factor when joining a religion. In my opinion, this only draws more people to religions - instead of blocking people out.
I personally don't view it as a factor, but I did notice several others expressing it as a concern.

As for Telb losing RP from Tek blesses... How? lol :mrgreen:
~639-910-660~
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

masano is pretty much right.
makes no sense to get all those buffs and then continue neutral after the hunt/pvp is done.

and darian, it's nice to have a class that can kill priests = barbarian.
with these changes, they can still do it.they just have to be in a religion..

the tek/nox/telborea thing is just my problem.
what's the rp so that nox and telborea should be favoured by dennac? nox just want to rob, and telborea even have their own leaders, a kingdom, a god, etc..
Bruce

Post by Bruce »

Glarundis wrote:masano is pretty much right.
makes no sense to get all those buffs and then continue neutral after the hunt/pvp is done.

and darian, it's nice to have a class that can kill priests = barbarian.
with these changes, they can still do it.they just have to be in a religion..

the tek/nox/telborea thing is just my problem.
what's the rp so that nox and telborea should be favoured by dennac? nox just want to rob, and telborea even have their own leaders, a kingdom, a god, etc..
Yeah its.. we havent seen any of them saying why they are connected to tekstone and yet they wanna have blessed weapons... lol as you said "nox just wants to rob, and telborea even have their own leaders"....

For example of guilds which in my opinion that have deserved to use blessed weapons are AG which have been allied to law for sometime... which they have defend LB.1 cities. Also they had RP why they were helping law...

The other was Imperial Guards which did the same thing as AG but for LB.2 ... so is tekstone in the service of nox/ telbo then their god dennac... I think most would like to see that rp...
Simmo

Post by Simmo »

Nox, Telbo, Dennac all want corruption and to drop Law. Team work.
RP done.
Bruce

Post by Bruce »

Simmo wrote:Nox, Telbo, Dennac all want corruption and to drop Law. Team work.
RP done.
nooo

dennac's war is with mainly with gaea....

nox just wanna rob people

telbo just wanna have a kingdom

if they did say why... like for example "we shall unite to take down our common foe" then yea
Last edited by Bruce on Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.