Poll on piety system

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Wich piety system do you prefer?

Current system
28%
Updated system
72%

Total votes: 69

Boris
Admin

Re: Poll on piety system

Post by Boris »

Vaux27 wrote:A HP should have an substantial advantage, and that just won't be the case if everyone eventually has 50 piety.
Actually the difference between 50 and 60 is quite sustantial. 50 is basicly the same as 40, but you won't burn as much foci and have a better average in blessing etc.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

Bruce wrote:
Darian Darkmind wrote:Would be nice to see who and why are they voting for the current system? Are they people outside of religions trying to weaken priests, or in religion not understanding the system? Not understanding the fact that only this way you can actually gain more than the 40 piety.
I dont think that is the case. I voted for current, because I rather prefer if its balance then something which is going to benfit the priests and monks.
If this would benfit all characters that use the tome in a religion, then maybe yes.
You do realize priests and monks are the actual backbone of most religions right?
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

Boris wrote:
Vaux27 wrote:A HP should have an substantial advantage, and that just won't be the case if everyone eventually has 50 piety.
Actually the difference between 50 and 60 is quite sustantial. 50 is basicly the same as 40, but you won't burn as much foci and have a better average in blessing etc.

- Boris

Point noted, the 40 to 50 isn't that big of a change for a Monk it looks. Would be nice to keep Empy longer and a higher max bless though. If this does get passed I won't disagree with it's main points, I'm basically indifferent since it doesn't offer much change.

Until Monks get 100 med, we won't be on par with Priests in a religion. But that's a different topic entirely. :D
632-140-419
Bruce

Post by Bruce »

Kent Strider wrote:
Bruce wrote:
Darian Darkmind wrote:Would be nice to see who and why are they voting for the current system? Are they people outside of religions trying to weaken priests, or in religion not understanding the system? Not understanding the fact that only this way you can actually gain more than the 40 piety.
I dont think that is the case. I voted for current, because I rather prefer if its balance then something which is going to benfit the priests and monks.
If this would benfit all characters that use the tome in a religion, then maybe yes.
You do realize priests and monks are the actual backbone of most religions right?
Dude I know that, but lets say a knight who has 100 ar and is fully blessed, plus using a hally.. and a 50 piety priest who is fully blessed, but has less ar compared to the knight, priest hits everytime and almost half kills the knight. It's not fair, it's pathetic.

Look if monks are getting a boost, good they need it. But I think most people are sick of priests.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Bruce wrote: Dude I know that, but lets say a knight who has 100 ar and is fully blessed, plus using a hally.. and a 50 piety priest who is fully blessed, but has less ar compared to the knight, priest hits everytime and almost half kills the knight. It's not fair, it's pathetic.

Look if monks are getting a boost, good they need it. But I think most people are sick of priests.

Dude, check this out bro. Scepter might hit more often but Hally does more damage. Being "almost half killed" isn't much of a problem. What is that anyway? A hit that takes 35-40% of your health? Sure a priest has way more utility, but hit for hit I wouldn't expect much against a fully blessed knight.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Masano

Post by Masano »

Voted to keep the current system. Im always against staff controlling who gets piety boost and who doesnt because I believe they cant help but let their personal opinions of the player IRL hugely influence their decisions. I think people would always try and RP to please the staff and do what staff would prefer rather than their own ideas because theyd think thatwould lead to a better chance of having a piety request granted. It would also mean the return of mind-numbingly boring piety begging stories.
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

Mike is completely right, knights and rangers still got it made in that aspect.
Palma

Post by Palma »

Voted updated cause, it looks to me that once a priest reaches 40, he will try to take over the religion to get 50/60.

Like this the Headpriest can remain safer and the group more united
Mike

Post by Mike »

Masano wrote:Voted to keep the current system. Im always against staff controlling who gets piety boost and who doesnt because I believe they cant help but let their personal opinions of the player IRL hugely influence their decisions. I think people would always try and RP to please the staff and do what staff would prefer rather than their own ideas because theyd think thatwould lead to a better chance of having a piety request granted. It would also mean the return of mind-numbingly boring piety begging stories.
This is true, and I think that is the only problem with staff-granted piety. I still think the updated system is better, but this aspect can't be neglected.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Daren Priesten

Post by Daren Priesten »

I like the updated system, concurring that ones with >30 piety keep their piety as is and timer starts from there....