Poll on piety system

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Wich piety system do you prefer?

Current system
28%
Updated system
72%

Total votes: 69

Tyrion

Re: Poll on piety system

Post by Tyrion »

I don't mind an updated system even if that means I drop down to 40 piety. I would however want to see some restriction to having a future discussion on this again. I don't really want to see people get what they want and then a few months down the road, complaining again that the piety system sucks, it should be upgraded. If we upgrade, the new system should be maintained for a year or more and if we decide to after that point update it again, then we build off of what we have.
Biao

Post by Biao »

Tyrion wrote:I don't mind an updated system even if that means I drop down to 40 piety. I would however want to see some restriction to having a future discussion on this again. I don't really want to see people get what they want and then a few months down the road, complaining again that the piety system sucks, it should be upgraded. If we upgrade, the new system should be maintained for a year or more and if we decide to after that point update it again, then we build off of what we have.
Completely agree with Tyrion. If it changes now, dont change it again in some months...
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

I still think it should be changed to the old system where 80 was the max piety. Now people are voting no, but when Alteran took over there wasn't any polls. They did it because they were lazy and didn't want to follow the IG to see who deserve piety and who don't. It was easier to drop it for all and give equal piety for all. Had there indeed been a vote, I'm sure the majority would have voted no to deleting religions, restricting piety and changing tomes.

Things have changed now. Due to the death of Pangaea II and due to getting rid of the strict looting rules our activity has increased a lot. The only thing remaining is changing the religions back the way they were - exception of the tome balance - to further increase the activity of the shard... the activity of religions especially, both RP activity and IG activity.
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

I want the old system back but it was a big no from the rest. This system though is one step towards a better religion system. Lets go with this for a time and see how it fares.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

Of course the majority votes no. Naturally. Only those that the change help in a positive way vote yes. In other words, priests who are ready to RP for their rewards. The rest vote no because 1. The change doesn't affect them - but it's still a no, because it is in our human nature that we don't like things to change, 2. It makes other players more powerful compared to theirs and 3. It is seen as a nerf to your own game-play - for example priests who don't want to RP, who aren't prepared to spend time to earn their piety.

Of course the poll outcome is negative. It begs the question why are we even making these polls. Like I stated before, Alteran never made a poll when he decided to change it. Why should we have a poll now to fix it back? It was like that for 8 years and it worked for as long as the Staff was active and motivated - which they weren't at Alteran's era, but which they seem to be now once again.
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

I would RP in a heartbeat for more piety, that's not the point here.

Plain and simple, I don't care much to see 60-80 piety priests running around on the shard. Sure it would take some time and be well earned, but priests are already too powerful currently. We need more diversity in PVP IMO, and boosting priests even more wouldn't be the answer.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Vaux27 wrote:I would RP in a heartbeat for more piety, that's not the point here.

Plain and simple, I don't care much to see 60-80 piety priests running around on the shard. Sure it would take some time and be well earned, but priests are already too powerful currently. We need more diversity in PVP IMO, and boosting priests even more wouldn't be the answer.
The best PVP team at this time has a minority of priests.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

Mike wrote:
Vaux27 wrote:I would RP in a heartbeat for more piety, that's not the point here.

The best PVP team at this time has a minority of priests.

Yeah, I'm not getting into self-proclaimed titles here. I'm talking about the long history of Pang priests, and going back to 80 max isn't something I agree with. Just my opinion is all, doesn't mean it's worth anything.
632-140-419
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

This poll is not about old system. So either it's this or slightly tuned. If updated, no changes for more than a year.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Tyrion

Post by Tyrion »

Boris wrote:This poll is not about old system. So either it's this or slightly tuned. If updated, no changes for more than a year.

- Boris
In this case, I support it.