Poll on piety system

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Wich piety system do you prefer?

Current system
28%
Updated system
72%

Total votes: 69

Boris
Admin

Re: Poll on piety system

Post by Boris »

I'd still like to hear from people who are againsts the updated system. Eldath and Bruce gave their reasons, when others seem quiet.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

Vaux27 wrote:
Mike wrote:
Vaux27 wrote:I would RP in a heartbeat for more piety, that's not the point here.

Plain and simple, I don't care much to see 60-80 piety priests running around on the shard. Sure it would take some time and be well earned, but priests are already too powerful currently. We need more diversity in PVP IMO, and boosting priests even more wouldn't be the answer.
The best PVP team at this time has a minority of priests.

Yeah, I'm not getting into self-proclaimed titles here. I'm talking about the long history of Pang priests, and going back to 80 max isn't something I agree with. Just my opinion is all, doesn't mean it's worth anything.
I'ts funny how people say that they don't want to see 80 piety priests running around like it would be an everyday event... there has ever been one, me, with 80 piety and two with 70 piety: Crowley and Ruben both HPs at the time. Once they left the HP title, they were dropped to 60. So basically there's only been rewarded piety up to 60. And even the 60 piety priests were rare. Tekstone had two: Selena Darkmind and Andrew De'lere, Law had one or two, their HP Iva and Connor. Imperial had Raven and their HP. Nature had a few too, can't remember the names. Also remember, HPs started with 50 piety - unlike now - and had to earn their 60. Most of them were stuck with 50 though unless they had the title for a very long time.

Unless you saw me running around as a problem ruining the balance of the whole shard, then your argument is invalid. Sure there is always the possibility of more 70-80 piety priests running around, but it took me 7 years to earn it... so I take the chances for it to happen again, or to more than one or two players are very slight.

This goes into the category of the first priest nerf, dropping their strength cap from 125 to 105. Highly trained strength was a rare thing back then and the nerf only affected 3-5 players. The rest had less then 105 base strength. In other words, it didn't mean anything.

Being afraid of the day when everyone runs in 80 piety is simply stupid. Of course, piety was given for free in Alteran's era, but remember that would no longer be the case. It would take a long time to earn even 40 piety. In fact, in the old system the total piety around would most likely be smaller.

I just wait to see when the first one ever gets 100 poisoning. He will take down any priest single handed. When that day arrives, does it mean the balance is broken. Does it mean the poisoning must be nerfed?
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

The old system is history, so kill the discussion on that. We're looking at either an updated system or the current system. 40-40-40-40 or 50-50-40-40. It's as simple äs that.

- Boris
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

Darian could you please just point out why the updated system would be better than why it sucks there is no more 80 piety slot? We all feel for you but damn dude.
Andoriel

Post by Andoriel »

I voted for upgraded system just because i support monks being stronger. Not the priests god forbid but apparently priest boost comes with the package. But as a player with no piety based char religion are insignificant since they cant bless me ;)

as for old days vs nowdays
Back in the 80 piety days the longer priest stays in religion the stronger he becomes, thus become close to a demi god. We may not had alot of 80's running around but we had bunch of 50-60 even some 70s running around and that was annoying enough. While any other char out there has much lower threashhold, you train your skill get heighten your done...priests didnt. They only get stronger and stronger after heightening their chars...
My point is priest growth of power needs to reach its limit with out being a demi god. Current system or the update makes heck allot more sense then old days
Krogz

Post by Krogz »

Id like if the system was to allow hp 50 and gms to grant +10 to every priest as a reward for a good work. It allows regular priest to same position as in power as hp and hp to 60 when he deserves it. Then its just about ballancing the tomes and piety. It would allow more colorful hirarchy and diversity.

The religions in my oppinion should ultimately be led by the god as in GM's and pursuing the gods will should reward the favor of the gods as in piety. This way the choice of religions most powerful is set by the gods not the vote of the members. Members still have the power to give 50 piety to a hp and if he leads the religion good will earn the ultimate 60 piety.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Again, forget the other systems. Two ways, choose either one.

- Boris
Masano

Post by Masano »

Andoriel wrote: But as a player with no piety based char religion are insignificant since they cant bless me ;)
Dont need to be able to have piety to join a religion. So yes you can join a religion and get recieve all the blesses you could ever wish for ;) *puts dummy back in Timujins pram*
Andoriel

Post by Andoriel »

nah i don't want to join religion with a non piety char. Disadvantage outweighs the benefits.