Looting update Q&A

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Biggs

Re: Looting update Q&A

Post by Biggs »

Kent Strider wrote:Imperial is a religion that is above helping robbers anyway, am I wrong?
You ever see imps rolling with robbers?
No. :/
Answerd.

Monad:
Would my buddys who had gone on the rob with me who witnessed the stone be able to free me on there alt priests??
Jessica

Post by Jessica »

Am I really the only one who sees it wrong, that some people can't retrieve their clothes unless they risk their character to be useless for months - while others can?

This will lead to uneven fights when the other half can't wear clothes - There's always rp reason for stoning when you're in war.

Im NOT afraid of stoning, I've chosen my path, but with this rule update you're going to wreck the balance hell up.
Birds nest: 620-518-578
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

Jessica it's not a problem. Use your clothes just like before and have them either return them to you after you've been killed, or loot them back yourself and leave.

By all sense they aren't allowed to stone you if you only come back to get your clothes. Although I'd like to have GM clear this up. Monad, Boris? If they want to stone you, they should do it when you're still alive, not when you return to get your clothes.

Because face it, if they do it like that, then Tekstone will do it to them too when they return to their indys.
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Darian Darkmind wrote:Jessica it's not a problem. Use your clothes just like before and have them either return them to you after you've been killed, or loot them back yourself and leave.

By all sense they aren't allowed to stone you if you only come back to get your clothes. Although I'd like to have GM clear this up. Monad, Boris? If they want to stone you, they should do it when you're still alive, not when you return to get your clothes.

Because face it, if they do it like that, then Tekstone will do it to them too when they return to their indys.
Stoning someone who tries to get his cloths is corpse camping. If you in any way stops a player from getting his gear back it's corpse camping.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Thoorin

Post by Thoorin »

I already asked Boris about that yesterday.

Me: say a bunch of law peeps kill my nox char,
I come back to fetch my magical clothing and ofc I need to show to be able to loot. they allowed to stone me there?
[regarding the rules starting from 01.01.2012?]

Boris: can be done even as we speak.

Just that nowdays they need to apply for permission to loot.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Can be done, not saying it should be done. The amount of RP a stoning needs isn't possible in such a sitation. It takes multiple screens to proof there was enough RP. If we see lame stonings, we dig you out. It's as simple as that.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Biggs

Post by Biggs »

Biggs wrote: Would my buddys who had gone on the rob with me who witnessed the stone be able to free me on there alt priests??
Simmo

Post by Simmo »

So you mean if Nox is robbing with whole group and one of them gets stoned then Tekstone cant unstone him? Lolol.
Masano

Post by Masano »

In reply to Jessica, Darian, Jonny and Thorin.

I think its a matter of common sense, ofcourse it shouldnt be allowed that someone returning just to collect their clothes is stoned. Although, I also think that people shouldnt be allowed i.e by Law to collect their clothes and then regear armour, weps, jewels... then return to the same fight.

For example robber A decides to go rambo into guards/group of Law and dies and his corpse is surrounded.

Robber A then returns naked and is allowed to collect his clothes by Law.- Imo he shouldnt then go regear and come back to fight again. If Robber A goes to collect his clothes, he should leave from the battle.

It would be fine if Robber A decided to go get more armour and continue the fight without his magical clothes.

If robber A corpse decayed/was obviously going to decay, Law would take the clothes and then return them after the fight.

This ofcourse would also apply the other way round.

Otherwise I think its pretty stupid that anyone should be allowed to get their clothes from their corpse after they just died and then continue straight away using them to fight again.

Major problem with this is a trust issue and whether or not people would be willing to trust that the enemy player wouldnt be an arsehole and steal clothes/let them decay.
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Simmo wrote:So you mean if Nox is robbing with whole group and one of them gets stoned then Tekstone cant unstone him? Lolol.
Ofc we can.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2