Moderator: Game Masters

KaneThun

Re: New IP - Positives/Negatives Etc.

Post by KaneThun »

4th time... or is it 5th?
Irming

Post by Irming »

its not crashes - if your able to immediately reconnect. The shard have not crashed at all today, but it seems that some of you get recent disconnects. I will see if this continues when im back from work. If it does, i will contact the ISP and see what we can do.

Irming
ICQ 14 38 98 12
Mike

Post by Mike »

We seem to get disconnected at the same time so it looks like some kind of timeout.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Mercer

Post by Mercer »

Yeah true, everyone seems to disconnect at the same time.
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

I'm logging now after the disconnects.

Testing for myself, an American that's always on 2d so I would notice a difference, it does seem a bit faster. Nothing too big, but a little more smooth certainly.

Thanks Irming!
632-140-419
Irming

Post by Irming »

Glarundis wrote:
Irming wrote: my wife studies and works at a museum

not that it matters to pangaea at all, but what sort of work is she doing there? painting related, sculpture, what? i'm asking this because i like arts and it's not so common to find ppl that work directly related to it
She is an archaeologist - and teaches kids and kindergardens mostly about "old days". christmas traditions, medieval traditions and so on.

She also participates in archaeological surveys, in search of skeletons, building and what not they search for.

Irming
ICQ 14 38 98 12
Aznar

Post by Aznar »

Irming wrote: She is an archaeologist - and teaches kids and kindergardens mostly about "old days". christmas traditions, medieval traditions and so on.

She also participates in archaeological surveys, in search of skeletons, building and what not they search for.

Irming
That sounds like my dreamjob. Too bad I never studied archeology...
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

I've been connected since the shard was put on this IP with no interruptions.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Yeap, been a clear line for hours now. All smooth and dandy.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
esines

Post by esines »

WOW!!!!!

first off I'm playing from the U.S. and let me say the server is SO much better. i get return messages from the server (error messages or crafting msg w/e) instantly now i never thought it was bad before but apparently there was lots of room for improvement. my ping to the server was around 400 before avg now its 125-175 so far today. i was actually able to hunt a bit on 2d although running is still a bit laggy. 3d runs much smoother and there are no hitches in my running at all now.

anyway great job i will for sure be donating (after the holidays.. heh) to keep this new connection running.

.2 mb/s might seem like a rather small upgrade but im willing to bet you actually get the upload you pay for with this new service where as before you paid for .8 and it prolly went up and down between .5-.8. my cable server here in the states fluctuates between 25-unlimted down and 2-10 (pay for 25/3 mb/s)up you can see how that would be a problem if i was running a server.