Looting update Q&A

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Johnny Walac

Re: Looting update Q&A

Post by Johnny Walac »

Monad wrote:It's agains the rules and also would be unfair if you just state to the victim that he's now going to get killed and looted without chance to react or obey. There must be a demand for something and a chance to consent.
It's only against the rules because you made it so. Imo a change should happen.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Kent Strider wrote:Okay actually that makes sense, not to make it a robbery. I am in is a robbery but you do it in a justified manner, like basically when Law loots.
should nox start making nox tax? 1'000'000 a week or we kill you and take your items as compensation... its just another way to get to loot your enemy...

Telbos require you to pay 10'000 as a tax + joining into their guild (guild is enemy of law if i am right)

this is why it is against the rules...
Monad
Game Master

Post by Monad »

Johnny Walac wrote:
Monad wrote:It's agains the rules and also would be unfair if you just state to the victim that he's now going to get killed and looted without chance to react or obey. There must be a demand for something and a chance to consent.
It's only against the rules because you made it so. Imo a change should happen.
Everyone would start doing that then and it would get out of hands. It's simply not fair for the victims.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Ivan wrote:
Kent Strider wrote:Okay actually that makes sense, not to make it a robbery. I am in is a robbery but you do it in a justified manner, like basically when Law loots.
should nox start making nox tax? 1'000'000 a week or we kill you and take your items as compensation... its just another way to get to loot your enemy...

Telbos require you to pay 10'000 as a tax + joining into their guild (guild is enemy of law if i am right)

this is why it is against the rules...
If you're blaming us for having all the good ideas I will have to plead guilty, sir.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Whole idea is based on "how we can make everyone on the server suffer?" you kill baseclasses, noobies everyone to get your 10k gold also you make up new rule afterwards! Hey everyone has to join a guild that will be enemy of the order so no one can use cities anymore! Then we can pick up 10k easy gold everytime we see them if they are not in the guild! or etc... you get the idea

imo the idea is not to make it hard for everyone to play... just snitch a bit from those who have a bit more than they need or can afford...
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Why would I want a fun lad like yourself suffer? Ridiculous.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Monad locked this thread earlier for a reason, now it's open again. I hope you can talk in a mature matter.

Looting and whine go hand-in-hand. It's a known and certified fact. Alterans Pangaea had "gold & gems" as looting for one reason; the more people loot, the more people loose and the more they rage-quite/rage-post. Alteran achieved a hippy and happy Pangaea by restricting looting to the limits and I fully understand him for it. It came with the price of ruining the economy, but still, fully understandable. This is also something I want to emphasize. If you can't handle it, we can take a u-turn to Alterans way. The more you gain from looting, the more we expect from you.

If and when we go clean looting, it means the bar of RP goes even higher. Also remember, that eventually it's not up to the staff. You, the playerbase, need to show us, the staff, that you have what it takes. We extended the looting rules 21h ago. It took 20h for the first raging to start about items. They're just items, don't get too attached to them. It simply shows me, that you can't handle even the current rules.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Jyrgen

Post by Jyrgen »

Boris wrote:Because there will be more to gain from looting, the sanctions will be boosted. There will be no restrictions to imprisonment aka. stoning.
What's the use if tekstone can just come and release robbers?
Mercer

Post by Mercer »

Jyrgen wrote:
Boris wrote:Because there will be more to gain from looting, the sanctions will be boosted. There will be no restrictions to imprisonment aka. stoning.
What's the use if tekstone can just come and release robbers?
Indeed.
Hugo Sousa

Post by Hugo Sousa »

ofc its just items , but dont forget we need hours of playing to make gold , or a lot of time mining sand like i do with my tinker 63% mining, if i was a guy was working all day i dont know if i was here to play. anyway boris and gm´s from pangaea , you guys are doing a great job! thanks

465-420-180