Looting update Q&A

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Glarundis

Re: Looting update Q&A

Post by Glarundis »

exactly.

they aren't going to suffer from being robbed because all they have to do is get freed by tek chars..unless we somehow manage to stone all the teks at once first :D
Thoorin

Post by Thoorin »

Glarundis wrote:exactly.

they aren't going to suffer from being robbed because all they have to do is get freed by tek chars..unless we somehow manage to stone all the teks at once first :D
Yeah for us it's easy otherwise always.
Three different religions coming after us, (sometimes at the same time) pretty much 70% of the other players after us also, no chances to go behind guardline etc.
And you must remember that when we die, we lose things aswell. But it's the name of the game, it has always been like that and always will [hopefully]

But stoning should never become too easy, 'couse it prevents the player from playing the char which if you ask me is kinda annoying..
And to be honest, if we were all rotting in stones you'd get bored quickly^_^
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

Thoorin wrote:
Glarundis wrote:exactly.

Yeah for us it's easy otherwise always.
Three different religions coming after us, (sometimes at the same time) pretty much 70% of the other players after us also, no chances to go behind guardline etc.
And you must remember that when we die, we lose things aswell. But it's the name of the game, it has always been like that and always will [hopefully]

But stoning should never become too easy, 'couse it prevents the player from playing the char which if you ask me is kinda annoying..
And to be honest, if we were all rotting in stones you'd get bored quickly^_^
3 religions coming after you at once? rofl? Did you go back in time on accident?
Jyrgen

Post by Jyrgen »

Thoorin wrote:Yeah for us it's easy otherwise always.
And like pretty much like everyone that doesn't have a law char has a robber... (ok, it's exaggeration, but still, imho, considering how high the % is, robbing IS too simple. And feel free to say here that law doesn't do their job and that's the reason.)
Thoorin

Post by Thoorin »

Let's just continue this trought icq and keep this topic clear. 'aight?
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

First of all, stoning won't even take place without some hardcore RP and screen shots. Even when that happens, it'll be overturned so quickly the items lost mean nothing.

Just gonna have to face the facts and accept the robber boost for the good of the economy. I say this not even having a robber, but it makes you consider such.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

The affect of robbing is a psychological thing. When people know they can't loose anthing, they buy one set and keep repairing that. When there's more to loose, you start storing items. It's just human nature.

What comes to stoning, we have our ways to balance it out with rite updates and other boosts.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

Why don't you share some of your ideas on balancing them rather than saying there are ways? Not to sound rude by any means, this is one reason I like talking to Wille he will share some of his ideas, get ideas in return, then we have even better ideas. How many times did I just type the word 'idea' ?
Monad
Game Master

Post by Monad »

Kent Strider wrote:Why don't you share some of your ideas on balancing them rather than saying there are ways? Not to sound rude by any means, this is one reason I like talking to Wille he will share some of his ideas, get ideas in return, then we have even better ideas. How many times did I just type the word 'idea' ?
We will share when they are accepted within the staff. As I've wrote before, there are two types of decisions we make; those which we want and need players opinion on and ideas, and those which are better done on our own.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

When it's locked and fully agreed, it can be shared. Currently we know what we want, but we still debate on the specs.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.