Super DragonHunter 2000 Turbo | maybe ILLEGAL TO USE

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Ivan

Re: Super DragonHunter 2000 Turbo

Post by Ivan »

What i've seen some of them who dont live in europe dont still have lag?
Maximilian Lhoth

Post by Maximilian Lhoth »

Ivan wrote:So someone actualy likes how 3d looks? *wonders* i cant belive someone likes it...
I like 3D graphics much more than 2D. Guess I'm the only one...
Whitewolf

Post by Whitewolf »

Maximilian Lhoth wrote:
Ivan wrote:So someone actualy likes how 3d looks? *wonders* i cant belive someone likes it...
meto :'(!!

2d for macroing!!
Daemorth

Post by Daemorth »

Whitewolf wrote:
Maximilian Lhoth wrote:
meto :'(!!

2d for macroing!!
LIER you said you loved 2d!! =(.
Raven Darkblade

Post by Raven Darkblade »

I think I mentioned it before, its stupid to change or ban any of them... I mean ever heard about a game that restrict a client that has better latency over one with bad?
Its hillarious even that some suggest it....
Fact is everyone can use both or 1 if they choose and thats how it should stay imo.
Its a free option, and besides it would be to complicated to restrict 3d for some but not others...
AS where should the line go? who decides what is lag and what is not lag...Is it only foreigners from EU that can allow themself to use 3d would be wrong as some might got even worse con, even though they are situated in europe... so then you had to have a tool that detect youre avg speed, and upon that decides if you allowed to use the damn version or not...and so on and so forth.
So why makes things so complicated, if you like it use it if you dont dont use it, but dont complain because other likes it.

Both version has their strenghts and flaws imo, so sometimes i use 2d and sometimes 3d, and tbh would hate any of the options to go away.
Last edited by Raven Darkblade on Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

Agree with Raven 100%, he is completely right.
Maximilian Lhoth

Post by Maximilian Lhoth »

Hm hm, so far this file has been downloaded only once. Not too pop. I would like to hear if it's good from whoever has tried it, anyway.

If it sucks, I would like to improve it, or if not possible, dump the whole project. If it doesn't suck, I would like to recommend it.

The file is safe - especially if you take a backup copy of your models/monsters folder yourself.

What it does: it replaces all the different 3D .grn format ("retro", "asian", "dragon", "wyvern" etc dragon related) graphics files with mongbat .grn graphics files that have been renamed to dragon files. And when you run off.bat, it replaces the "mongbat hack" files with the original dragon graphics files and dragons will be like they used to be, the client will be like it used to be.

It contains no "executables", just .grn and (simple) oldschool .bat files.

Instead of banning 3D it should be just made as slow as 2D is, which seems to be an impossible task.

But does anyone know a way to "hack" 2D to be as fast or faster than 3D? Does UOextreme work on Pangaea?
Grolik Lognar

Post by Grolik Lognar »

why make something worse? Just ban 2D if its that important that they have to be equal good.
Banning the better one is idiotic. Those who like 3D and doesnt like 2D then? what about them?
Should they suffer only becouse some of you like 2D better?

Hell to the mother ucking no
Last edited by Grolik Lognar on Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

I cant understand how someone can think even that 3d looks nice? Or has it already broken your eyes?
Daemorth

Post by Daemorth »

Let poeple think what the want Ivan.
I mean I don't see how peopel can like you.. but atleast I keep it to myself.