Non-PVP weekend

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Should we have a Non-PVP weekend?

Yes
57%
No
36%
Makes no difference
8%

Total votes: 76

Ivan

Re: Non-PVP weekend

Post by Ivan »

Aileth wrote:Ivan, I'll comment on what you said (maybe a bit too much), it's a good example to explain some things.

"you are not in pvp if you dont want to be"
Ask some of the shy players who don't feel a need for virtual penises or the rush of pvping how much they have to condition their game in order to play.
"You have realy small chance to meet robbers when you do quick solo hunts or even large group hunts"
Do you call it fun playing when you have to bother someone to gate you and rush it? I don't know how many group hunts you have seen lately, I have seen 0.
" i find a lot of hunting spots full of loot filled monsters "
simply because those places are frequented by robbers, most people now avoid them.
"i do my usualy run trough map about once a day and i cant possibly hit you every week on that run."
and I do like the lightness with what you say that you can't run by people every week. Do you know how many robbers we have at the moment in the shard? Imagine if all of them did the same as you do. Now imagine you were the victim, I'm sure after the third or forth time you will stop going there because you know your fate! And yes there are more than 7 robbers, which would only mean you'd get robbed AT LEAST once a day.
"So actualy this would just lessen the PVP on the shard for those who actually look for it"
what about the ones that aren't looking for it? I think they deserve a chance as well.

seriously go hunt actively and stop whining... I've done hunting myself and its been safe so far in every ocassion solo or group (yes i am part of ONE of the robber guilds but it does not give me safety at all)

Start doing some hunting instead of whining you cant hunt because you are scared and sit in your house all day macroing because evil robber might come across... If you fear that so much use some guarding bone armors and exc lunar weapon on everything and you are safe to hunt... or even better hunt on mage recalling NAKED... So much for the fear of the robbers when you hunt naked!

Even if you run on robbers you got loads of chances running away aslong as they are not on 3d because some part of the shard does not accept any kind of 2d client pact or any possible solutions except fix that is never gonna happen. Yea against 3d robbers you dont stand a chance if you are not a mage wearing a reactive armor and start recalling instantly.

I start to sounds like some elderly people but when i started playing on this shard drylooting was on i was 0% into pvp at that time but it seriously brings some meaning into the game all new players whine and cry about looting and robbers and hate them, join law forces etc. But seriously if i think about my noobie time etc i think it was fun even though i got robbed A LOT. Noxes took every single coin out of me back then no mercy, crying wouldnt help etc. Only hope was to call law when getting robbed and start running as fast as possible OR giving the robbers the clothes/gear they wanted.

If you hate us, hunt us down with law simple as that.

Pang has always been rutheless to all players (except baseclassers) if you wish to be safe from robbing stay in baseclass and hunt as much as you want.

And even if pang is RP shard PVP is allowed and imo ROBBING is PART of the RP, believe or not.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Zaradon wrote:Agreed on every point of yours, it has been turned down for the reason of 'activity'

Thats actually why i am considering wether i should still bother playing on Pangaea or not, since its slowly running into a PVP fest and the GM's dont do anything for it right now cause they've got hands full with fixing the classes and bugs.

However, i do like this idea and i will vote a big yes for this one. And oh, instead of having the PVP/drylooting week, nah - we can just make it a non-PVP weekend, filled with quests so once in a while the playerbase can do something together and have fun.

EDIT; There are currently more manhunts than public quests, aswell. So, ugh....hello? -_-
Nor should they.

I'm not interested in this, nor do I see the harm in it.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

No use attacking people's opinions. Some people(over half the shard apparently) just simply don't care for PvP or to deal with that, there is nothing wrong with a PvM weekend honestly. I simply don't see how it cuts into current PvP time since all the time is PvP time.

I think a non-PvP weekend needs to be the change that came along with the looting change, there was never really anything nerfed after an obvious robber boost. Not complaining at all personally, but I see why some wouldn't even care to hunt these days.
Mercer

Post by Mercer »

Tinks wrote:Ivan you're extremely narrowminded.. The fact that the OP starts the thread and that there are other players agreeing with him shows that it is a concern to many people. "Stop whining noob I'm fine" isn't a valid argument.

Just yesterday, I was trying to kill ants and crap within 100 yards of Britain with a warhammer and crap I scrapped together from the newbie boxes in Brit. Within 1 hour I got the old "HALT!" from 3 different groups (birds of prey, Nox and Telborea) - Seriously, wtf?
it seriously brings some meaning into the game all new players whine and cry about looting and robbers and hate them
For you. Not for everyone else. Period. Look at the second half of your sentence:
all new players whine and cry about looting and robbers and hate them
- Tadaa. Pangaea isn't for you alone. Explore the possibility that some players hate this aspect of the game, and will never be able to PvP well and hate loosing their shit and seem to get robbed all the time by the likes of you, and really find the amount of PvP these days overwhelming.
+overninethousand
Gutian

Post by Gutian »

I don´t know what is really going on... some years ago it was way worse about the fights and robberies and I never saw so many people talking about it... It was funny indeed. Now, just because two or three guilds are doing the same it seems the end of the world. That is a part of the game and with nice RP it can be good!!

I have been trainning out of Brit for 1 month or so and i only had a nasty situation. just one...

Anyway... I am up to a weekend without PVP as i said.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Tinks wrote:Ivan you're extremely narrowminded.. The fact that the OP starts the thread and that there are other players agreeing with him shows that it is a concern to many people. "Stop whining noob I'm fine" isn't a valid argument.

Just yesterday, I was trying to kill ants and crap within 100 yards of Britain with a warhammer and crap I scrapped together from the newbie boxes in Brit. Within 1 hour I got the old "HALT!" from 3 different groups (birds of prey, Nox and Telborea) - Seriously, wtf?
it seriously brings some meaning into the game all new players whine and cry about looting and robbers and hate them
For you. Not for everyone else. Period. Look at the second half of your sentence:
- Tadaa. Pangaea isn't for you alone. Explore the possibility that some players hate this aspect of the game, and will never be able to PvP well and hate loosing their shit and seem to get robbed all the time by the likes of you, and really find the amount of PvP these days overwhelming.
Without screenshots we can't know if this is true or a wild exaggeration, but I think it's safe to say that is not an experience shared by the majority of new characters training.
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

I gave an idea that was not ok with bunch of these guys... 3d ban from pvp you remember? it would give hunter overhelming ability to RUN AWAY while robber HAS TO USE 2D

BUT NOO SOME PEOPLE DID NOT LIKE THE IDEA NO OFCOURSE NOT.

So stfu and listen: You all just want pvm and pvm, you can do it freely if you are careful and log 3d in emergencies etc simple as that. You just cry about robbing and looting and losing stuff because it matters to you too much. Everything on this shard comes and goes, they either break or you lose them somewhere, live with it.

If you dont want us robbing you join law and seek help etc. just get allied and they might be able to stop us or rather you could try to stop us?
KrondorZuula
Counselor

Post by KrondorZuula »

Gutian wrote:I don´t know what is really going on... some years ago it was way worse about the fights and robberies and I never saw so many people talking about it... It was funny indeed. Now, just because two or three guilds are doing the same it seems the end of the world. That is a part of the game and with nice RP it can be good!!

I have been trainning out of Brit for 1 month or so and i only had a nasty situation. just one...

Anyway... I am up to a weekend without PVP as i said.

The problem is alot of the RP ingame encounters with robbers are shit, its generally Halt! *XXXXX is attacking you*

Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Just for the facts. That was the second encounter during PvP timer. And dude was stupid enough to still hang around after a warning. (Killed)

But awsome input my Imperial friend! =)
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Mike

Post by Mike »

Running tends to end RP prematurely.