Non-PVP weekend

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Should we have a Non-PVP weekend?

Yes
57%
No
36%
Makes no difference
8%

Total votes: 76

Shednil

Re: Non-PVP weekend

Post by Shednil »

While it would be very nice to be able to hunt and just fix with your own things or go out together and hunt without need to worry about being attacked or robbed I do think it would just ruin too much of the feeling one get to the world of pangea that way.

Iam one that have only been the victim side to such characters and can only see me remain as that for a very very long time. But that is what you build up the character around and get to know the world as, I do just think it sounds strange to add a few days where all are to be safe from robbers and murders. While one could add a religious peaceful day or a feast where everyone are to live in peace if only for a few days I cant imagine that all the murders characters would agree on that. Some of them do not simply care of any religion and at some are not able to let the honor of it being a certain day control their actions.

I have seen the lack of RP from some of the ones that pvp, as late as two days ago I was attacked by a group that I never seen before and did not say a word to me before attacking but that do also bring a feeling into the world.
It would just be silly of my character to imagine that everyone will atleast greet you before attacking because they dont and that is how this hard world has turned out to be.

By adding a day where people are not allowed to do their robberies or spread their chaos to the world would just add a feeling of safety that do not belong in the world I have gotten to know.
And I do feel that not would it only ruin the robbers and pvpers kind of RP by not being able to do what their character would do but would also ruin mine because it would give my character a feeling of safety that the characters she have met never would give her.
yuusou

Post by yuusou »

How about the first full weekend of each month (Say the 1st is a Sunday, that weekend doesn't count) where Saturday is a non-3D day and Sunday is a non-PVP day.

Or you can roll both into one.
A non-3D non-PVP weekend, where people won't have the speed advantage against monsters nor against players (as they can't kill them).
The only ones to lose an edge on this situation would be the bathers of the Pacific. I'm sure they wouldn't mind too much if it's just a weekend and they can't be PK'd during that weekend anyway.

How about that, GMs, is that a "vote-able" idea?
Andoriel

Post by Andoriel »

Quintoz wrote:If we start catoring to one group of people I think we should have a non 3d weekend too. BOOM Just blew this case wide open.
oh for the love of...Lag isnt a choice, playing as robber/tek/red is a choice. If you lag you cant do much if you dont lag you still can hunt and do whatever you want. So no for non 3d weekends
There just shut this case close :roll:
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

Aileth wrote:
Boris wrote:Give us a working system and we'll vote on it.

- Boris
What would be a working system to the staff? I will gladly make one of your liking given i have a little more to work with.

I don't see a need however, if players respect the rule when announced and defined, for example:
Staff announces it on forums "it will be on this date from 0am and will end in 24 hours."

I started with weekend but it doesn't necessarily have to be 48 hours... 24 hours would suffice to satisfy most of the 50% that voted yes.

I agree.

If we're to trust robbers/PvPers to obey the new rules, then we need to trust the shard to obey. There can be punishments written up, marks of course to know it's serious.

The people have spoken by the looks of it, a couple of days a month isn't too much to ask for ultimately.
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

Andoriel wrote:
Quintoz wrote:If we start catoring to one group of people I think we should have a non 3d weekend too. BOOM Just blew this case wide open.
oh for the love of...Lag isnt a choice, playing as robber/tek/red is a choice. If you lag you cant do much if you dont lag you still can hunt and do whatever you want. So no for non 3d weekends
There just shut this case close :roll:
+1 to Timujin
Biggs

Post by Biggs »

90% of robbers are european, just a heads up to what timezone is the safest to satisfy your needs.

Voted "wont make a difference" because people like me get robbed in the gayest of ways every other week/month but dont report it (exception to the law robbery in the middle of britain) even if rules is brocken (other day i had a door blocker... no point crying bout it), doubt id report on non pvp days as ive lived with the faggits of pangaea for many years now... you just get used to it and except that the gear that has taken months to get can be taken away by a robber + religion mix as robbers know how the shard works rp for one min, take ss, kill, get out, send pic of roleplay to gms leaving no time for any ruling party unless already blessed to SAVE OUR SOULS!

If anything id like to see robber + religion mix removed now (almost) dry looting is back.
Shadow_Nirvana

Post by Shadow_Nirvana »

I'd rather see developments in bringing back real rp, not bringing down pvp. But still I vote yes.Because I have to agree with the statement "Pangea is a PVP shard with RP allowed :!: " and would like this to be slowly changed into "Pangea is true RP shard."
Ork-Hun Akh-Man, Assassin in training
Ser-Tach Akh-Man, Merchant

Bird Location : 608-965-161
Jessica

Post by Jessica »

When people are whining that robberies dont tend to be roleplaying festival, its usually becouse:

1. Victim runs on sight
2. Victim doesnt answer anything (Keeps spamming for help at map or icq? - dunno, they just dont talk)
3. Number 2 + Druid Gates / Convocations etc etc.

Im not favouring the rush into attacking, but I think the reasons are more often in those 3 reasons, than in anything else. Thats for me personally though.

About Non-PVP weekend, lol no.
Birds nest: 620-518-578
Mary Manatee

Post by Mary Manatee »

Shadow_Nirvana wrote:I'd rather see developments in bringing back real rp, not bringing down pvp. But still I vote yes.Because I have to agree with the statement "Pangea is a PVP shard with RP allowed :!: " and would like this to be slowly changed into "Pangea is true RP shard."
Pangaea! :)

I agree to this and votes yes for the same reason.
Good idea Aileth!
Aileth

Post by Aileth »

Jessica wrote:When people are whining that robberies dont tend to be roleplaying festival, its usually becouse:

1. Victim runs on sight
2. Victim doesnt answer anything (Keeps spamming for help at map or icq? - dunno, they just dont talk)
3. Number 2 + Druid Gates / Convocations etc etc.
Not all robberies are like that and mostly, no one should generalise robberies/robbers!

Anyway, this is not about that. It's about a time where pvp can go on a holiday.