Non-PVP weekend

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Should we have a Non-PVP weekend?

Yes
57%
No
36%
Makes no difference
8%

Total votes: 76

Ivan

Re: Non-PVP weekend

Post by Ivan »

PVP is part of the game and RP is part of the game also... Everyone who plays here has to RP its one of the requirements of the shard... If you play fighter char its natural that it includes PVM and a bit of PVP in any case... if you want RP only just play Merchant (most suited for that) and if you want PVM only use magic user (cheap gear makes it less likely to get robbed)

imo it would make as much sense if gms removed all monsters from the server for one weekend to encourage pvp or hold non-rp weekend etc.
Shadow_Nirvana

Post by Shadow_Nirvana »

Yes, pvp is a part of the game but it should be a "part" not the main meal that has role playing as a side dish.

I personally believe that quests, academy like activities, events that make people gather at the cities will make role playing much more enjoyable and easy. Thus, when role playing is at a level where every one can enjoy it, I doubt that anyone will say "OMG there's so much PVP, we should have non-PvP weekends."

The only ongoing role playing event is telborea and tekstone vs. all the tresspassers , and it is PvP based rp.
Ork-Hun Akh-Man, Assassin in training
Ser-Tach Akh-Man, Merchant

Bird Location : 608-965-161
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Woaw I read alot of crap in this thread. Pangaea is a RP shard. RP if you want to. No one is stopping you. You think Non-PVP Weekend will enchant RP? Hehe no. It means more hunting and in hunts there is 0 RP. Everything goes down in third party program. I am a active PvP'er myself but I have never stumbled into a group out in the wild that is just hanging out and roleplaying. Most people just macro their skills. hunting something in silence. No RP is done unless I arrive.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
John L

Post by John L »

Well at the moment its kind of hard to do some hunting, since there is so many robbers. Atleast i would like to play my other charracters and not get robbed everytime.
So thats why i say thumbs up for non-pvp weekend.

(Dont take this as a whine, it just my honest opinion.)
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

If we wanna hunt without the chance of loosing gear. Why do we even have looting rules?
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Mike

Post by Mike »

This means Tekstone + Telborea needs to get up really early and empty all the dungeons :)
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Wolfie

Post by Wolfie »

John L wrote:Well at the moment its kind of hard to do some hunting, since there is so many robbers. Atleast i would like to play my other charracters and not get robbed everytime.
So thats why i say thumbs up for non-pvp weekend.

(Dont take this as a whine, it just my honest opinion.)
Everyone always claims that "If I go hunting im going to get robbed" Practice safe hunting, in and out as fast as you can, play during robber down time, hit dungeons that are not common!
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Wolfie. You and me are gonna have a talk. I wish to buy some information.
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Shadow_Nirvana

Post by Shadow_Nirvana »

Johnny Walac wrote: Pangaea is a RP shard. RP if you want to. No one is stopping you.
There is the problem. Right there. RP if you want to. Isn't the motto of this shard " RP required" ?

I say that people will always take the easier route if left to themselves. And Rp is the hard way, so it needs to be enforced, forcefully if needed.

Noone is saying that a non-Pvp weekend will enhance Rp but it shows that many people feel that there is not enough rp going on.
Ork-Hun Akh-Man, Assassin in training
Ser-Tach Akh-Man, Merchant

Bird Location : 608-965-161
Wolfie

Post by Wolfie »

Johnny Walac wrote:Wolfie. You and me are gonna have a talk. I wish to buy some information.
Yeah I want a talk to, am I the only person on this shard that has yet to be robbed of good shit? :D I mean I run around in expensive armors and see no one! Robbers you all suck! :)