Non-PVP weekend

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Should we have a Non-PVP weekend?

Yes
57%
No
36%
Makes no difference
8%

Total votes: 76

Johnny Walac

Re: Non-PVP weekend

Post by Johnny Walac »

Shadow_Nirvana wrote:
Johnny Walac wrote: Pangaea is a RP shard. RP if you want to. No one is stopping you.
There is the problem. Right there. RP if you want to. Isn't the motto of this shard " RP required" ?

I say that people will always take the easier route if left to themselves. And Rp is the hard way, so it needs to be enforced, forcefully if needed.

Noone is saying that a non-Pvp weekend will enhance Rp but it shows that many people feel that there is not enough rp going on.
Personally I would say HC RP is required. But it is more like "This is an RP shard. OOC is not allowed" end of that. You can GM a char without roleplaying 1 second with anyone. You won't get punished. And those who say there is not enough RP around. Create RP. Easy. I mean it's the easiest thing you do. You can create whatever you want from thin air.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

There is no point is this topic, non-pvp weekend is not coming on this shard atleast.

Also start running around map naked and see how many robbers you can find in a day... its probably not that much.

Johnny is completely right that rp is created by players and pvm/pvp has nothing to do with it. It is just required to have RP reason to kill someone on this shard (no one can act like maniac attacking, killing and looting people without a reason) and pvm on the other hand does not need rp at all either.
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Aye run around and look for robbers. (Don't know what it will achieve)

Telborea is having a hard time. We are a small group and we can't catch every criminal out there.
I feel the pangaea base is like cockroaches. For every player you catch, another ten got away.

I think we should give Archers 100 tracking just for this purpose.
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Shadow_Nirvana

Post by Shadow_Nirvana »

Ivan wrote:There is no point is this topic, non-pvp weekend is not coming on this shard atleast.
Be that as it may, but I think there is an evident lack of static, player-run and Gm-run quests and events, and an evident lack of rp.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
Ork-Hun Akh-Man, Assassin in training
Ser-Tach Akh-Man, Merchant

Bird Location : 608-965-161
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Shadow_Nirvana wrote:
Ivan wrote:There is no point is this topic, non-pvp weekend is not coming on this shard atleast.
Be that as it may, but I think there is an evident lack of static, player-run and Gm-run quests and events, and an evident lack of rp.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
That is true. But players can create a event just as much as GM can. But non-pvp weekend has nothing to do with the topic "Not enough RP".
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

Boris said no to one of your ideas yet you continued to try and reiterate your idea over and over. This one you don't like though, so lets end it right? Trying to figure out why so many people are against a non-PvP day, is it really that bad that you can't pvp one day? Come the hell on.
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Kent Strider wrote:
Boris said no to one of your ideas yet you continued to try and reiterate your idea over and over. This one you don't like though, so lets end it right? Trying to figure out why so many people are against a non-PvP day, is it really that bad that you can't pvp one day? Come the hell on.
You clearly fail to see it all. It's not the Pvp'ers that is needy here. It's the hunters and non PvP'ers.
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

Do what? Lost..Explain maybe?
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

Johnny Walac wrote: I think we should give Archers 100 tracking just for this purpose.
nice try sir :P

i'm gonna give it a go with yes, as long as poisoning and tactics are dropped :P

c'mon people, it's just one day away from pvp. if you're so concerned that this won't make ppl rp more, or that this will make people mass hunt because they're not afraid to lose their armors, we can make this a day where it's impossible to open monster corpses (unless they've looted you), gm's make two or three quests (related to one another!) and/or some rp events.

there, rp + quest + no pvp + no pvm day.

people who are tired of being robbed will be happy, and pvp'ers who say ppl just want this for mass pvm will also be happy. everyone can get together, have a bottle of ale, take part in a few quests, and then the next day they are able to rob/be robbed again
Mike

Post by Mike »

Actually a general ceasefire day has the potential to be fun, in that means the guards won't attack reds so we can go into town.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota