Non-PVP weekend

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Should we have a Non-PVP weekend?

Yes
57%
No
36%
Makes no difference
8%

Total votes: 76

Biggs

Re: Non-PVP weekend

Post by Biggs »

Biggs wrote:
Biggs wrote: I have gatherd X ammount of Fire giant hides i ask him to make me a set. He moans but i say if you had an ig market stalls where people are forced off the forums you wouldnt have an issue with supply.
Biggs wrote:I am opposite to you, no npcs when player base is bigger makes more sense to me.

also I believe you are not understanding the benefits of ig only trade. I am not going to write them out you should do some research into "social experiment" in the poll section
Monad wrote:
Biggs wrote:is the project cancelled?
Not cancelled we just have had more important issues to handle.
I still await the market :D
Aileth

Post by Aileth »

Combining non-pvp day with market day (with sales forums closed!) could be a viable option, especially since not every merchant has a gater friend that can be available at all times to gate him safely.
It would also balance dungeon swarming, just because it doesn't have pvp it doesn't mean you're forbidden to rp.

Regarding rp conflicts (for example, if robbers and laws go to the market and meet) there are many ways to make it so that it doesn't come to a conflict, for example, take off your guild coloured clothes and wear a mask! Just because people can see your name/guild tag doesn't mean they automatically know who you are.

Since this is being considered I will suggest one day per month (been reading strange comments of people who mentioned it would be weekly) and the ultimate goal is to take away some of the tension that doesn't seem to go down.
Monad
Game Master

Post by Monad »

Aileth wrote:Combining non-pvp day with market day (with sales forums closed!)
I try to make this happen.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Market days can be kept anytime. Those ofc are PvP restricted events.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Aileth

Post by Aileth »

I understand the event is PvP restricted, I was just trying to extend the restriction for the whole 24 hours to the shard. It can be a nuisance to the pvp'ers but 50% of the shard would be a lot happier and carrying more items for you to take away! :lol:
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

You can have a market and we can create permanent gates from the even area to Britain/Moonglow. It should be no problem.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

Boris wrote:You can have a market and we can create permanent gates from the even area to Britain/Moonglow. It should be no problem.

- Boris

That's a good go. We can still make a weekend of;

- No pvp
- Marketing events
- Questing events
- RP events
- Salvation events

The list can go on.
Aileth

Post by Aileth »

Boris wrote:You can have a market and we can create permanent gates from the even area to Britain/Moonglow. It should be no problem.

- Boris
I'd like to explain that while gm's help is very appreciated with the gates, the whole pvp restricted idea means it would apply to the whole shard map for the day.
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

One 24 hour period once every 3 months or so couldn't possibly be that bad.
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

There could be a non-PvP week every now and then. However, such weekend should be filled with quests, market, events and tournaments so that everyone has something to do beside killing each other.