Q&A: Robber status

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Johnny Walac

Re: Q&A: Robber status

Post by Johnny Walac »

Hilda wrote:Suggestion: Make this apply only to spawned guards and not summoned guards.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Mike

Post by Mike »

Athan is absolutely right. Robbers have only logged in Wind after fighting religions side by side with Tekstone in open PvP. They should have that priviledge by any standard since they engage in a fair fight. Robbers do not go out and ambush blues and then hide from Law in Tekstone territory. Robbbers can rob and log or any variation thereof without Tekstones help. What they can not do is fight in open PvP and that hurts Tekstone and is a tremendous boost to Law, Imp and Nature. This change hits very far from the mark.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Monad
Game Master

Post by Monad »

Athan, it have happened many times that different robber gangs go hide in Imp or Teks guard zone after robberis or after manhunt. It needed a change and it's the sole reason for the change. Agree or not but this was unanimous decision by the staff and I believe we see a bit more than what players see.
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

*Puts on flame suit*

As for the 3 religion thing, sounds like a lot of butt hurt to me fellas.

Robbers will NEVER have it easy, I'm not sure how many times it will have to be said honestly. It's your RP and all of you have control on who you rob, and considering you're attacking all 3 religions, don't blame religions for showing up to PvP consequently at the same times. It's never pre-planned and followed by history of the RP, so being neutral and not attacking each other while fighting robbers is hardly an alliance. I also would agree it needs to be stopped however, as it's just as OP as all the reds joining up.

On the topic, if you wanna have every single red band together that's fine RP wise IMO. Including Druids fighting next to Tek was iffy in my mind RP wise though. All of that and guards? Well that's your over powered robbers I would imagine.

Not that it will matter with the rite changes coming anyway, unless you're attacking Britain, Moonglow or Yew.
Last edited by Vaux27 on Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
632-140-419
Athan01

Post by Athan01 »

Hilda wrote:Suggestion: Make this apply only to spawned guards and not summoned guards.
Tyrion

Post by Tyrion »

Tyrion wrote: Edit1&2:If a religion robs with known robbing guilds: BoP, Nox, Telbs etc. how does that .robber status apply to that religion?
Monad
Game Master

Post by Monad »

Tyrion wrote:
Tyrion wrote: Edit1&2:If a religion robs with known robbing guilds: BoP, Nox, Telbs etc. how does that .robber status apply to that religion?
Religions are not allowed to rob under any circumstances.
Tyrion

Post by Tyrion »

Edward Sinclair wrote:
Cult of Tekstone [CoT] shall aid Vanguard of Telborea [VoT] in collecting the tax.
Q: Would this be seen as an attempt to create a loophole?
As Eddy said. It's easy to say, "they're not 'technically' robbing with me, they're supporting Kingdom of Telborea." While this is true and has RP backing, it's just a technique to bypass the rules and, IMO, overkill to use a stronger religion character (with rites: blesses, guards, swarm, poison wind etc.) to kill / rob another person.
Monad
Game Master

Post by Monad »

What Wille said earlier is quite clear:
Any provocation of a player to give their items with a threat included for failure to give them is considered robbing. Simple killing with no material demands is not robbing
If you wish to rob you must make a demand. If you do not make a demand, you cannot loot in terms of robbing either. Looting rules between guilds and religions are of course an exception.
No exceptions.
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Yep. Collecting tax ain't robbery. It's Johnny's day job.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2