About religions.

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Do you think the current religion system needs to change?

It should stay the way it is.
39%
It should be changed to make every religion as sacred and holy as one another.
26%
It should be removed altogether.
34%
Other(If you choose this, comment on what you think should be changed.)
No votes

Total votes: 38

Shadow_Nirvana

About religions.

Post by Shadow_Nirvana »

Well, I mentioned it on another post, so let me start by quoting that:
There just shouldn't be a religion that's evil and one that is good. Hell, I think if Pangaea was real, I doubt that any followers of Tekstone would think of themselves as evil. They would think what they do is good because their god tells them to do it. And even Nature would be rubbing their hands at the thought of world domination and total power. That being said only the robbers would be evil and one band of brigands would not be trusting one another.

So I think that you are fighting because of a broken system. Maybe instead of fighting each other on the forums, you could think whether something is wrong in the whole system.

Sorry for going off topic. Just my two cents about the current condition.
What do you think about this? Should the current status of religions and robbers change? Should every religion be as sacred as each other?(Even tekstone :) because what they are doing is the right thing in their eyes and who are we as mere mortals to judge that :) ) Should the bond between religions and robbers be broken for good?
Ork-Hun Akh-Man, Assassin in training
Ser-Tach Akh-Man, Merchant

Bird Location : 608-965-161
Athan01

Re: About religions.

Post by Athan01 »

If it was balanced (there is alot of work needed for that) then yes.
If it is all the exact same, then yeh sure why not.

'it should be changed to make every religion and sacred and holy as one and other' +1 if that means balance
Would ultimately like to see religions removed but didn't vote as there is no point, it would kill the shard with the amount of players leaving due to priests being useless.
Last edited by Athan01 on Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

This is actually what I've been trying to tell all the time to people who like to see the religions only one way, with stereotypes. I can only speak from Tekstone's behalf, but we really aren't evil to the core. Those who are our allies and friends know this. We're only evil to those who denies us. Sure our means of achieving our goals might be a bit dark and "evil", but those are the methods, the weapons the society has forced us to use by constantly refusing us. War is the last measure.

Anyway, that said I know most of the people will vote the number 1 because people hate change and are afraid it would somehow "ruin" their game.
Mike

Post by Mike »

My Tekstone char has the same philosophy as Jehova's Witnesses. He knows the world will end, he thinks his god will grant him eternal life in the world to come.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Shadow_Nirvana

Post by Shadow_Nirvana »

But don't forget the fact that if there is a change to balance all the religions BRA would need to break and no more robber-religion alliances could be established. That's what it means by holy and sacred, you cannot expect to be revered as a true religion if you are allying with thieves and murderers.

And I believe that why law and imperial seems so OP rite-wise and stuff is there are more reds than blues any time, reds are all allied up and if it weren't for the imbalance in the religion system, then blue players should just delete all their characters cause you probably wouldn't be able to get out of town to walk two or three steps without getting robbed/killed.

What needs to be done is everyone including all religion dudes, pks, robbers and regular blues come together and reach a pact to establish a new system that will benefit everyone. And I think that if everyone acts maturely enough, realizing that this is a game we all play for fun, Pangaea as a server will benefit and thrive.

Gutian

Post by Gutian »

I would not mind to see a Pangaea without religions, the people can make guilds and alliances or whatever they want.
I would not mind too to see all the religions with the same tome and chants (something like 4 or 5 chants - nothing like banish or imprision but like armament...)

Religions created a lot of hate between some people, as the robber stuff and that is step by step destroying Pangaea and this forum, as we can see. This is a game and should be seeying as that.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

a new world order!

or

a brave new world!

and imperial being OP rite-wise?wat?
Darion al'Ferran

Post by Darion al'Ferran »

Gutian wrote:I would not mind too to see all the religions with the same tome and chants (something like 4 or 5 chants - nothing like banish or imprision but like armament...)
Agreed. Imagine 4 religions with exactly same tome. Maybe steed summon rite + 1-2 rites that are based on their RP. I.E. Teks should have plague.
Shadow_Nirvana

Post by Shadow_Nirvana »

Hell, that came out wrong :D I was thinking more on the rites of law when i was writing that. There is no way on earth that Imperial's tome is OP, still i think it's better than Tekstone's.

Athan01

Post by Athan01 »

Although I have no objection to the removal of the BRA if the tomes were all made equal.
But I have to ask why is this a big deal to everyone? It is pietyless numbers, fighters who don't have weapon blesses.

The entire duration of the shard joe bloggs can help law kill reds/teks, also while if anyone helps a tekstoner kill a law person they will be turned red.
The robbers are just aid to tekstone, so whats the problem? they may aswell lose their robber status for the duration of any battle. Law have waves of arcane and nature, why can't tekstone have someone?
Does the whole shard just want us to fight along and be outnumbered constantly?
I really don't see what everyones problem is.