THE OFFICIAL CLIENTS THREAD

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Boris
Admin

Re: THE OFFICIAL CLIENTS THREAD

Post by Boris »

Athan01 wrote:My question is, is making 3.x clients to run lag free for Americans possible? Like it was before pol96.
That's the target.
Kent Strider wrote:I mean, I understand you guys don't care, but meh.
Wille working his ass off for the ones struggling with lag issues is not caring?

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Some facts can be thrown to the discussion pool.

- Currently the shard is running with the best possible connection.
- Hardware is not the problem.
- Dedicated server is not an option.

That leaves us 2 options.

1) Ban 3D
2) Ban 3D and create an alternative client.

In both cases 3D must go. Our own targets and goals can never be reached, as long as 3D is enabled.

- Boris
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

I meant the players Boris, not the staff. I know the staff cares, this is the best staff Pangaea has ever seen and I am not oblivious to that. I just feel like this change will end the Americans trying to be active in PvP, instead you will hear whines about how easily robbers run us down and how we can almost do nothing in PvP.

PS The rest of gaming is going towards 3D and we are banning it, sound a bit ridiculous?
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

As mentioned before, 3D vs. 2D is worse than US 2D vs. Euro 2D. With that I refer to our current clients (4.xxx or newer). Having 3D enabled does more harm than having 3D disabled. As long as 3D's enabled, we're shooting junk into our own veins.

- Boris
Jessica

Post by Jessica »

Kent Strider wrote: PS The rest of gaming is going towards 3D and we are banning it, sound a bit ridiculous?

Quote of the day :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD thx

edit: worst argument ever. 3d even nowdays is very gimmicky technology and has many issues. When was ultima online "3d" done? 2001. Wow.

Funniest thing is that even between 3d clients theres a lot of movement speed differences. No way you can balance that piece of crap.
Last edited by Jessica on Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Birds nest: 620-518-578
Tyrion

Post by Tyrion »

Boris wrote:As mentioned before, 3D vs. 2D is worse than US 2D vs. Euro 2D. With that I refer to our current clients (4.xxx or newer). Having 3D enabled does more harm than having 3D disabled. As long as 3D's enabled, we're shooting junk into our own veins.

It's a hard and cold fact.

- Boris
In what way does having 3d enabled cause more harm and what facts are you referring too?
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Boris wrote:As mentioned before, 3D vs. 2D is worse than US 2D vs. Euro 2D. With that I refer to our current clients (4.xxx or newer). Having 3D enabled does more harm than having 3D disabled. As long as 3D's enabled, we're shooting junk into our own veins.

- Boris
Exactly what i was thinking ~6 months back when i posted on forums about this matter... And tyrion so far after pvp started to be popular again on pang (we reached ~50 online count at weekends easily) we ran into 2 problems.

1. 3d client robbers (ppl fear to hunt because its sure death when robbers appear)
2. Balance missing (i still think there is few ridicilious things on pang (ofc in religions) that should be fixed)

And ofcourse first one is the greater matter at hand, that change would make it playable atlast, because it affects pvm players also A LOT.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Ivan wrote:Exactly what i was thinking ~6 months back when i posted on forums about this matter...
It's a known issue since 2006. There's no easy solution. As a bright side, at least we're trying to solve the problem.
Tyrion wrote:In what way does having 3d enabled cause more harm and what facts are you referring too?
3D is the only reason we restrict looting.
3D unbalances the game.
3D ruins PvP.
3D ruins robbing.
3D creates more whine than anything else.

Having no 3D will hurt the playerbase, but it will cure the listed. There's no way to around it, with a global perspective.

- Boris
Tyrion

Post by Tyrion »

Boris wrote: 3D is the only reason we restrict looting.
3D unbalances the game.
3D ruins PvP.
3D ruins robbing.
3D creates more whine than anything else.
So much for a 2d -only- week. I find it striking that all of those pseudo-facts tend to be geared towards fixing a server primarily geared towards PVP vs. RP. When you see only Law login to solitude enemies attacking Britain and Imperial the same, you are going to have whine that solitude is overpowered and should be removed. The whine is constant regardless of the issue and most of those reasons you have stated are manageable with 3d vs 3d (regardless of location), and that is actually a fact.
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

It's great that 3D will be removed. I think more players will be happy and play.

Q: Have you come so far in the development so you can say for sure that we will use 3.xxx or is it still in the testing stage?

(Testing as in if it is even possible.)
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2