THE OFFICIAL CLIENTS THREAD

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Tyrion

Re: THE OFFICIAL CLIENTS THREAD

Post by Tyrion »

Boris wrote:Some facts can be thrown to the discussion pool.

- Currently the shard is running with the best possible connection.
- Dedicated server is not an option.

- Boris
The connection status for me as well as other NA players I have recently asked hangs between selecting character and connecting to the server / entering the world. The connection is not the best it possibly can be, perhaps it is a temporary issue though. Why would a dedicated server not be an option?
Boris wrote:
Tyrion wrote:The whine is constant regardless of the issue and most of those reasons you have stated are manageable with 3d vs 3d (regardless of location), and that is actually a fact.
In theory, if we everyone played with 3D, it would still be a problem. It's simply too fast and it defies the shard mechanics. 2D is the only working option and 3.xxx the only solution. Everything listed is my global overview from the game - not a player perspective.
Can you or maybe Wille actually state in what way (technically speaking) 3d defies server mechanics?
Athan01

Post by Athan01 »

why not just settle for the 3.xx client when it comes about?

From what i've seen there are about 3 different variations of speed on 3d.

And ive also been getting those freezes logging in at connecting screen and im not from NA - i think it was only since the server or router was fiddled with last week - who really cares?
Its a free shard with 3-4 main people running it and putting their time into it who don't even really get to play..
Arion

Post by Arion »

So if this 3.xx client doesn't work which by all means I hope it does why don't we turn this the other way around and make everyone run as fast as 2d americans? Sarcasm? maybe but would be fun to see how other people would react trying to play as we have to.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Arion wrote:So if this 3.xx client doesn't work which by all means I hope it does why don't we turn this the other way around and make everyone run as fast as 2d americans? Sarcasm? maybe but would be fun to see how other people would react trying to play as we have to.
Making everything worse for everyone doesn't seem like a solid strategy.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Masano

Post by Masano »

Ares wrote: You're really trying hard to prove that we're assholes here..
I dont think any of the staff are assholes, what I do think is that you've caved in to persistent whining from a certain group. Players who have done nothing wrong and argueably have just as much 'right' to play here as anyone else are going to suffer because of it.

Looks to me like 3D is on its way out no matter what, unless there are some catastrophic online count figures for the testing week- which I doubt will happen. I dont like the fact it looks like one group of players are going to be willingly sacrificed just to keep the other happy.

P.S What you guys dont know is Irming is moving to California in 6 months :> Would genuinely be amazing if this happened ;D
Mike

Post by Mike »

Masano wrote:
Ares wrote: You're really trying hard to prove that we're assholes here..
I dont think any of the staff are assholes, what I do think is that you've caved in to persistent whining from a certain group. Players who have done nothing wrong and argueably have just as much 'right' to play here as anyone else are going to suffer because of it.

Looks to me like 3D is on its way out no matter what, unless there are some catastrophic online count figures for the testing week- which I doubt will happen. I dont like the fact it looks like one group of players are going to be willingly sacrificed just to keep the other happy.

P.S What you guys dont know is Irming is moving to California in 6 months :> Would genuinely be amazing if this happened ;D
Better to lose a few players than play a broken game.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

Mike wrote:Better to lose a few players than play a broken game.
Basically, this is what I see happening, and if it does. Saw it coming.
Orin

Post by Orin »

looks like this is breaking down to a Euro vs USA topic and it shouldnt be. no one here has any more or less right to play it short of maybe Irming since he has the server.

Wille has confirmed that the 3.xx client should be very possible and im really looking forward to using it, the lose of graphics wont be that big of a deal to me. and ill be glad to move past this 3d banning thing so we can see what every one will whine about once 3d is no longer an issue :)
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Tyrion wrote:The connection status for me as well as other NA players I have recently asked hangs between selecting character and connecting to the server / entering the world. The connection is not the best it possibly can be, perhaps it is a temporary issue though. Why would a dedicated server not be an option?
There's no better connection where Irming lives (call it danish country side if you wish) and a dedicated server is no option, as the owners want to keep their part in the game. The physical server must be at Irming's place and if that's the owners wishes, we all should respect that.
Tyrion wrote:Can you or maybe Wille actually state in what way (technically speaking) 3d defies server mechanics?
There's lag, there's normal speed (aka. clear line) and then there's overspeed (3D). 3D speed-wise can be considered as legal speedhacking.
Masano wrote:I dont think any of the staff are assholes, what I do think is that you've caved in to persistent whining from a certain group. Players who have done nothing wrong and argueably have just as much 'right' to play here as anyone else are going to suffer because of it.
This has nothing to do with player whine. We're simply running out of options after the recent discussion(s) with the ownership of Pangaea.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

Orin wrote:looks like this is breaking down to a Euro vs USA topic and it shouldnt be. no one here has any more or less right to play it short of maybe Irming since he has the server.

Wille has confirmed that the 3.xx client should be very possible and im really looking forward to using it, the lose of graphics wont be that big of a deal to me. and ill be glad to move past this 3d banning thing so we can see what every one will whine about once 3d is no longer an issue :)
The Law tomes, naturally. :lol: