THE OFFICIAL CLIENTS THREAD

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Simmo

Re: THE OFFICIAL CLIENTS THREAD

Post by Simmo »

Boris wrote:Pangaea has done its part by upgrading HW and connection. If you lag, it's no longer due to us. Yes, the server locates in Europe and that gives you extra ping, but nothing will change that. If you're still experiencing lag or spikes, instead of pointing your finger in our direction, take a look in the mirror.

- Boris
I guess my lag never ends.
Shadow_Nirvana

Post by Shadow_Nirvana »

Haha bad luck brian strikes again.
Ork-Hun Akh-Man, Assassin in training
Ser-Tach Akh-Man, Merchant

Bird Location : 608-965-161
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

i don't know how good or bad is this new server for NA players, but i suppose it's a lot better. even us europeans may have spikes sometimes with dragons (i do). the shard may crash or internet or whatever and we can lose our armors and cloths. and all that crap that happens to european ppl. it's not because of that that we wouldn't donate.

now, there's something that is true. it seems that the shard became a bit more active with this new server.

ppl are gonna complain a hell lot and refuse to play if they are fighting against ppl in 3d.

i hate 3d graphics, but if that would be a solution, i would be ok with making it 3d only. though i only used it once or twice to macro a bit and see how it looks
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

3D on Irming's server is plausible, but doubling the bills for nothing is not going to happen.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Athan01

Post by Athan01 »

We had 50 on for the first time in a long time tonight.
And for the first years of pangaea, no-one used 3d. Even to hunt dragons and stuff, the 2d client works and the speeds are fine. Why do people think its a must?
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Athan01 wrote:We had 50 on for the first time in a long time tonight.
And for the first years of pangaea, no-one used 3d. Even to hunt dragons and stuff, the 2d client works and the speeds are fine. Why do people think its a must?
They think 3D is Pang bro.
But it's not. My god, it's not.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Ok we got a solution to 3d problem can ya look into next problem please? and you know what i mean, remove the bullshit from the shard.
Edward Sinclair

Post by Edward Sinclair »

Athan01 wrote:Even to hunt dragons and stuff, the 2d client works and the speeds are fine FOR ME. Why do people think its a must?
Corrected to account for bias.
Please realise that not everyone lives in close proximity to the shard or has adequate funding for a decent connection :lol:

I used 3D a lot for hunts due to lag issues- and I'm not alone in this. Though the dedicated shard can't cure everyones lag issues, it still is a large improvement considering that I and many others can now use the 2D client without worrying about the lag.
Mag'etherian

Post by Mag'etherian »

When Repsak and Nosferatu first started this server, I while living in Canada had the same speed EU's have nowadays with my 2D. I don't believe 3D even existed back then, so of course it wasn't used. Still to this day I prefer NOT to use it. This dedicated server has been a great improvement for me. I hope to rather keep this server than to go back to a slower 3D oriented server. I can't stand 3D. It's not a "fix" either for me. I still lag on it, but I can run a lot smoother with it mounted than on 2D.

I've been around Pangaea since beta-testing. I know the speed difference from how things used to be, to how they are now. I wouldn't say nerf mob speeds, unless their speed was boosted from 3D usage. Though it hasn't been if I remember a post by Wille, right? I can agree people may think something needs done, coming from them using 3D with it's faster speed vs 2D speed. 3D is like a drug. Once some use it, they get addicted to it. I'm a 99.9% 2D user though. Since I normally can't use a steed... I'd never use 3D if I could avoid PvP. I just want to PvM and have fun with others in-game who also love to PvM. PvPing isn't my thing.

*EDIT* - oops forgot to mention. If I could toss money to the server right now, I would. I want to keep this dedicated server.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

1. Surgically remove a kidney
2. Sell the removed kidney
3. ???
4. Dedicated server paid

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.