THE OFFICIAL CLIENTS THREAD

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Bella Pious

Re: THE OFFICIAL CLIENTS THREAD

Post by Bella Pious »

lol. It's only been a few days. Some ppl get paid bi-weekly, some monthly. I'm sure donation will come in.
xHarlequinx

Post by xHarlequinx »

So is this official it? I thought we were just doing a month trial of the dedicated server, but it wasn't necessarily something we were going to do (hence I haven't donated to something that isn't necessarily going to happen).
Athan01

Post by Athan01 »

Based on one of the other topics made, I think if we reach the target of 400e it's a definite
Mercer

Post by Mercer »

Yeah, if we reach the needed amount in donations, the dedicated server stays.
Masano

Post by Masano »

xHarlequinx wrote:So is this official it? I thought we were just doing a month trial of the dedicated server, but it wasn't necessarily something we were going to do (hence I haven't donated to something that isn't necessarily going to happen).
I think this is a problem a few people have and is putting people off. Maybe rather than donating then hoping that enough funds are raised overall it would be better if you could promise a donation. So you could contact Irming and he could add it to the donation list as "Pledged". If/when the total of donations and pledged donations reach the target amount then people must follow through and transfer the money. Only possible problem I see with that is if people fail to come through and dont pay. You could just add that anyone that pledges a donation then doesnt pay gets banned ;p
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

The contract is 1 month no matter what. When the contract ends, we go back to Irming's server. That can't be avoided.

After we move back to Irming's server, we have two choices...

1) If we have enough donations, we'll do a 12 month contract.
2) If we don't have enough donations, we'll continue on Irming's server, untill we have enough donations for a 12 month contract.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Tyrion

Post by Tyrion »

Is there a cheaper option available?
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

The current server is optimal for our needs.

We could cut down the bills by switching to Linux, but that's not an option to the owners of Pangaea, who are not familiar with the UI. The matter has been talked through on GM boards. I'd like to remind, that Irming/Neon/Alteran still want to run the server manually from Denmark - but they can bend and agree on a dedicated server, if it's run by Windows and paid 12 months up front. Those are the terms. If we meet those terms, we have a server.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Mandos

Post by Mandos »

Boris wrote:The contract is 1 month no matter what. When the contract ends, we go back to Irming's server. That can't be avoided.

- Boris
I only have 1 thing to say: I'm so glad to read this words!

Irming's server FTW!

panGAEA, a subliminal message.
Ares

Post by Ares »

Mandos wrote:
Boris wrote:The contract is 1 month no matter what. When the contract ends, we go back to Irming's server. That can't be avoided.

- Boris
I only have 1 thing to say: I'm so glad to read this words!

Irming's server FTW!
You're the only one saying this.. It's a little weird. The server is closer to you, on a better connection on better hardware. Have you considered trying to talk to your isp?