Obsidian steed success rate

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Ivan

Re: Obsidian steed success rate

Post by Ivan »

Rockhound wrote:haha yeah:) i started to wonder too couse i whored the exodus alot so i pm:ed alteran asking him if they nerfed the loot couse i whored them to much and got alot magic clothes:D but they hadnt ofcourse:)
well had same feeling a while ago but noticed they started dropping again after a while its just up to luck
Corvus Albus

Post by Corvus Albus »

itmid is very important for tinkers, the fail rate depends a lot on it. but yeah 110/110 and never used to fail steeds, but I'm not a very active tinker either .p
Malron

Post by Malron »

"never used to fail" does not apply here. Simply stated the code around the skill does not allow for perfection even at 115/115 you will still have a very small chance to fail making obsidian, and a chance to fail making the steed.

No matter what your skill level in any skill, and/or what you are attempting to do/fight/craft ,there will never be a time where the game turns out a 0% chance of failure.

Another thing i LOVE to quote is the chaos theory, look it up.

ie. I can flip a two sided coin 100 times and have it come up heads every time. If I flip it one more time, what are the odds it will be heads and not tails?

50/50.
Whitewolf

Post by Whitewolf »

Maximilian Lhoth

Post by Maximilian Lhoth »

Malron wrote:No matter what your skill level in any skill, and/or what you are attempting to do/fight/craft ,there will never be a time where the game turns out a 0% chance of failure.
False.

110 magery - 7th circle succeeds 100%
120 magery (can't get 120) - 8th circle succeeds 100%
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

Bad example Max. When you get an indy cloth you can succeed 100% on something that isn't high level to do, like 7th circle spells and Song of Demolition, there will never be a 100% success rate on anything high level though, like 8th circle spells and making obsidians. Like Max said, 120% magery can't happen, nor can 120% tinkering.
Gorath Blackmind

Post by Gorath Blackmind »

But he just pointed out that there ARE skills and such that can be performed with 0% failure chance. As in the 7th circle spells with 110 magery. With 100 tailoring and armslore, you can fail making leather gloves without upgrading them for instance.
Geryn Farodae

Post by Geryn Farodae »

Not to mention the irrefutable proof offered to me by Alteran himself about the very shard being scripted upon Randoms and Dice Rolls. "To make the game more fun and interesting."

So I believe Malron knows his stuff. Besides, that's hardly conclusive, with 110/110 on my old blacksmith, more than once I got "Below Average Quality"... so...
Maximilian Lhoth

Post by Maximilian Lhoth »

Geryn Farodae wrote:Not to mention the irrefutable proof offered to me by Alteran himself about the very shard being scripted upon Randoms and Dice Rolls. "To make the game more fun and interesting."
With 99% taming there is a big chance you fail to tame a nightmare, but also a considerable chance you succeed. If you succeed, you have a good chance to gain.

With 99% taming you occasionally, but not usually, fail to tame a praetorian war ostard, but the chance is way smaller as is your chance of gaining.

But tame a pig with 99% taming, you succeed 100.0000000% of times and and your chance of gaining is 0.0000000% (except stats of course, you will gain stats in any case)

Naturally, in the mentioned examples the characters are not extremely hungry or worse.

There is randomness but not total randomness.