Tekstone is back?

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Neku

Re: Tekstone is back?

Post by Neku »

is there any difference between 80 and 60? i was told that darian isnt any more special that 60 :oops:
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

From an RP pov I think it's a huge diffrence.
From a powergame pov I have no idea :).

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Troy

Post by Troy »

When it comes to blesses and everything there is no difference. However when it comes to stoning, corrupting, making tomes and such there is a difference. Also for being excommed it takes more piety to excom you when you have higher piety.
Andrew De'lere

Post by Andrew De'lere »

[quote="Troy"]When it comes to blesses and everything there is no difference.quote]

Well thats complete beep, Darian always had higher armour / stats than Andy did even before Darian joined heightened class.
We both had the same tome/med at the time, only difference was Darian was 80 piety and Andy was 60.
But heyoooo that got flushed down the toilet.
80 piety swarm kicked arse quite a lot too, while my 60 piety swarm more often than not just gave me a few imps :)
Troy

Post by Troy »

Yeah swarm is different with piety aswell. There are several rites where the higher piety the better it goes. However Andy i have just tested it and there is no difference between 60 piety and the rest of the higher ones when it comes to blesses and ar boost.
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

So did I get this right?

Darian was forced out of Tekstone due to it being deleted and now that it's back and apparently being fixed we were screwed over and I lost not only my head priest status, but also my high piety tome and 80 basepiety.

Right-o.

And what's wrong with Tekstone? I can tell you right here since I did spend over four years playing it and pretty much leading it for three years.

1. Plague - too easily cured (Apparently somewhat fixed already?)
2. Area plague - perm. strength drop removed (I heard this was fixed already)
3. Swarm - with my 80 piety it took 20 minutes to cast a new one. Both Nature and Tekstone's swarms delay should be reduced to 2 minutes.
4. Destruction - Instead of ghouls this could open a portal that depending of piety will start to pour in hostile daemonic creatures attacking all, Tekstone included.
5. Poison wind - Casting time should be reduced from 4 chants to 2 chants.
6. Keening - Casting time should be reduced from 2 chants to 1 chant (Apparently was already done). Also, mana drain should be halved and the damage should be made static, instead of resistance based, just like malleus.
7. Affliction, flesh rot - completely removed and changed to holy steed
8. Disguise - allow the caster to create an alternative-self with whole new name, with zero murdercounts etc. This alternative-self can be used when in need to visit towns, talk with people, buy goods and spread some lies and propaganda. However, if the alternative-self is turned red, it remains red as well so the member must use it carefully without anyone knowing his true identity.

There.
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

wow Darian, those would be some awesome fixes that wouldn't overpower the religion, good ideas..
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Kent Strider wrote:wow Darian, those would be some awesome fixes that wouldn't overpower the religion, good ideas..
I belive he had a few years to spin some ideas ;D.

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Talerco Pious

Post by Talerco Pious »

Now that you have the law tome, it's not good enough? :p
I whine, therefore I am
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

talerco wrote:Now that you have the law tome, it's not good enough? :p
Been saying it for over four years and still do: It's ridiculously overpowered no matter what anyone else says or claims.

Yeah I have the Law tome now able to solo down giants without breaking a sweat... but I'd rather have a Tekstone tome with equal power. :)