Class system rebuilt

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

So?

Yes
48%
No
43%
Who cares
10%

Total votes: 21

Mike

Re: Class system rebuilt

Post by Mike »

Glarundis wrote:
Boris wrote:
Glarundis wrote:they could get -5 str (but not -5 statcap)
The problem with nerfing statscap is that it'll eventually just make the weak weaker.

this would be a -5 to str, not to statcap. and for priests only, what do you mean it would make the weak weaker?are there weak priests?
Yeah, 20-30 piety priests are pretty bad against a fully trained barbarian. Even an archer can take one down if he's not Law, due to the cure effect of the aura. I would say 30p priests other than Law are slightly weaker than barbarians, knights and archers with everything else being equal. 40p makes them stronger.

Obviously there are tons of abilities that can not be considered in 1v1 that are in favor of priests. Veritas wall for example scales with numbers. There's also a good bit of utility with gating, recalling, curing plague and such that isn't directly useful in pvp but makes the class more versatile.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

yes 20-30 priests are for sure worse than barbarian, even 40 piety doesn't seem to be stronger, but it isn't weaker.

the thing is, while 20-30 piety is weaker, everyone knows that those chars will get their 40 piety sooner or later. they just have to wait a few days, and even if the hp requires them to rp, it's not great rp, it's just staying active, roleplaying a bit and all
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

A certain Tekstone 30p priest took down 100 pozang assa and archer with spear pozanged by that assa. Just saying. It's 4 and a half months to get 40 we could ask staff to double it but that would still only punish thoose who allready don't have piety enough to get around. As far as nerfing priests I would hit the healing since 100 is super good and it would hurt the people who are new to priest as much as thoose who have played priest for a longer time.

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Mike

Post by Mike »

Quintoz wrote:A certain Tekstone 30p priest took down 100 pozang assa and archer with spear pozanged by that assa. Just saying. It's 4 and a half months to get 40 we could ask staff to double it but that would still only punish thoose who allready don't have piety enough to get around. As far as nerfing priests I would hit the healing since 100 is super good and it would hurt the people who are new to priest as much as thoose who have played priest for a longer time.
85 healing is a decent idea since it's so easy to train 85-100. As long as I get to swap anatomy for tactics.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Darion al'Ferran

Post by Darion al'Ferran »

Someone would probably get pissed for losing ancient healing.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

you guys are not willing to lose res spells but are more than ok with losing healing?
yes, healing is super easy to gm compared to res spells, but i mean, if priests lose healing i'm changing to another class, no point in keeping it just for med when barbarians can get even more str (even if not blessed!!) and a bit less AR + 100 tactics. a priest wouldn't have 100 tactics, and wouldn't be ready to fight at any time like barbarians are. they log in, eat a fishsteak and can handle themselves while a priest without blesses better recall to temple
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Glar losing resist spells isen't a nerf to priests. Losing healing is. If you wanna balance priests you have to do it right way not just remove something that will only piss people off that have trained it allready.

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Everyone has their own view, wich is the best. That includes me - and that's just another reason why it's better to leave the class structure alone.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

Boris wrote:Everyone has their own view, wich is the best. That includes me - and that's just another reason why it's better to leave the class structure alone.

- Boris

Guess sometimes it's hard not to when they're glaringly obvious in OP standards, or a clear fix needed.

At least there are attempts made to balance it in other aspects, better than nothing.
632-140-419
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

Quintoz wrote:Glar losing resist spells isen't a nerf to priests. Losing healing is. If you wanna balance priests you have to do it right way not just remove something that will only piss people off that have trained it allready.
losing resist spells is a nerf as in, they won't be that great against magic users.in pvm, i agree it sucks.
losing healing is a nerf, but a too big nerf (yes, even for priests). would anyone still choose priest if they had 85 healing?or wouldn't people all go to knights or barbs inside a religion and get blessed/weapon blessed by the priests?
in fact, that's how it should go in every religion.
20 members
3 priests
4 monks
6 rangers
7 knights
or something like this, counting the piety chars

nowadays it's
20 members
15 priests
1 monk
1 ranger
3 knights

but i'd really like to know, who would still stay priest if they were dropped to 85 healing