Town Siege

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Simmo

Re: Town Siege

Post by Simmo »

Jyrgen wrote:That's the point - imperial could just wait till all of the european laws have gone to bed and then cast the rite and then do whatever they want to do irl. And by the morning the city is theirs. Unless I'm missing something here about the siege system.
Same could say, you take their town over while they sleep :D . Lets wait and test it out!
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

ok thanks for the answers.
as to which guards are converted. is it random?or does it start with the guards near the stone and goes outwards?or the other way around?
i imagine that, if it starts from the stone (middle of the city i assume?but i haven't checked the stone yet) it's a bit stupid rp-wise if it starts from there, the conversion of guards. also, if it happens from there, then the attacking side,will actually have guards to help them protecting the stone from being targeted by the defenders (which will at that point be attacking lol). however, if the guards start converting from the outer city first, all the defenders have to do (which will be coming to relief the town) is run past the enemy guards and the next layer of guards will be theirs.
so, how's it gonna be?
Simmo

Post by Simmo »

Glarundis wrote:ok thanks for the answers.
as to which guards are converted. is it random?or does it start with the guards near the stone and goes outwards?or the other way around?
i imagine that, if it starts from the stone (middle of the city i assume?but i haven't checked the stone yet) it's a bit stupid rp-wise if it starts from there, the conversion of guards. also, if it happens from there, then the attacking side,will actually have guards to help them protecting the stone from being targeted by the defenders (which will at that point be attacking lol). however, if the guards start converting from the outer city first, all the defenders have to do (which will be coming to relief the town) is run past the enemy guards and the next layer of guards will be theirs.
so, how's it gonna be?
Where do you take these questions even :lol: ROFL
Ares

Post by Ares »

I can't tell you exactly as I don't know the algorithm POL uses to fund NPC's within a range, but from what I've seen, it seems semi-random. It dosen't necessarily start with the innermost guards at least. If it becomes an annoyance, this too can be adjusted fairly easily :)
Biggs

Post by Biggs »

could the current town be swapped to say bucs den so religions do not have too jump into a war with a religion just so we can test the system?
Cruxis Bane

Post by Cruxis Bane »

Just wait for the complaints about it until people start sieging if you want to try it out go to Nujelm and try it out.
Ares

Post by Ares »

Biggs wrote:could the current town be swapped to say bucs den so religions do not have too jump into a war with a religion just so we can test the system?
We'd prefer to keep the neutral cities neutral. We're discussing maybe adding a stone to every town instead tomorrow. Then we should see whether this works or not.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

more questions! :D
if the conversion is random, then every guard that is not near or in the way to the stone is actually irrelevant as to how easy or hard it is to take the town right? (not completely irrelevant, because there can be points to fall back to and stuff, but almost irrelevant). one could conquer a town by killing only the guards on the way, and then waiting for the other 80% of guards to submit to their yuri psychic beacon? (lol, red alert 2 anyone? xD)

2nd question, about warning. does the defending side get a warning that their x town is being attacked?personally, from the defending side, is always good to have this, but if you ask me what is fair, is that there is no warning. you wanna keep your towns safe?check them regularly. cba to recall around?then don't complain if your town is lost.
Jyrgen

Post by Jyrgen »

Simmo wrote:
Jyrgen wrote:That's the point - imperial could just wait till all of the european laws have gone to bed and then cast the rite and then do whatever they want to do irl. And by the morning the city is theirs. Unless I'm missing something here about the siege system.
Same could say, you take their town over while they sleep :D . Lets wait and test it out!
That'd mean we'd have to cast the rite at some early morning time... or at midday or smth... not going to happen :P
Ares

Post by Ares »

Glarundis wrote:more questions! :D
if the conversion is random, then every guard that is not near or in the way to the stone is actually irrelevant as to how easy or hard it is to take the town right? (not completely irrelevant, because there can be points to fall back to and stuff, but almost irrelevant). one could conquer a town by killing only the guards on the way, and then waiting for the other 80% of guards to submit to their yuri psychic beacon? (lol, red alert 2 anyone? xD)
I have no idea what you're asking..
Glarundis wrote: 2nd question, about warning. does the defending side get a warning that their x town is being attacked?personally, from the defending side, is always good to have this, but if you ask me what is fair, is that there is no warning. you wanna keep your towns safe?check them regularly. cba to recall around?then don't complain if your town is lost.
Yes, of course.