Town Siege

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Simmo

Re: Town Siege

Post by Simmo »

Jyrgen wrote:
Ares wrote:Making a non-cast zone within 30 steps of the stone could be considered actually. I'd like to see an attack and a defence though, before implementing stuff.
If ya make my house into a non-casting zone..........
While Siege action only i guess. I doubt you wanna put your nose in there while Imp or Tek takes it over :lol: . Trinsic is so big, i doubt anyone wants to take it over either.
Talerco Pious

Post by Talerco Pious »

Could the starting piety amount be lowered to something like 200 until the testing phase is completed?
I whine, therefore I am
Demian

Post by Demian »

Talerco Pious wrote:Could the starting piety amount be lowered to something like 200 until the testing phase is completed?
That would be nice. 300 piety is quite harsh for this playerbase imo.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

yeah it's 6 40 piety priests + hp
if it were lowered to 200 it would required 4 priests and the hp. not bad imo. but maybe the staff doesn't want it because it would mean low activity could beat lower activity? :D
xHarlequinx

Post by xHarlequinx »

Demian wrote:
Talerco Pious wrote:Could the starting piety amount be lowered to something like 200 until the testing phase is completed?
That would be nice. 300 piety is quite harsh for this playerbase imo.
+1
Monad
Game Master

Post by Monad »

If you can't gather 300 piety then you don't deserve a chance taking over a town from someone else. It's not that harsh if you just put in some effort, which you should. I see 500+ piety tome meetings every now and then from all religions.

1/3 of your whole religion power (approximately same situation with all religions) is not too much asked considering the impact what the town takeover has.
xHarlequinx

Post by xHarlequinx »

Think the most that Nature has ever been able to muster is 240 or 260 in recent times? And I think Law probably caps out at about 200 with their current active membership? Not saying that it should stay permanently at 250, but if it is kept at 300 then I doubt anyone will try to take a city, as gathering this amount of piety becomes quite challenging (and therefore we don't have an opportunity to tweek/revise the system).

Right now there is also little incentive to take a city, besides bragging rights. Would be nice if there was some sort of bonus from from holding cities and maybe a bonus from capturing a city. ... maybe like +3 troops / turn from a Skara Brae, and like +7 troops / turn from Trinsic.

One other problem with the current system is the Tekstone problem. Having guards that are automatically aggressive to all blues is a bit harsh. Can we not make it so that religions can toggle which guilds are to be targetted by guards, and make it so that unaligned blues have free movement regardless of who owns their city?
Talerco Pious

Post by Talerco Pious »

Monad wrote:If you can't gather 300 piety then you don't deserve a chance taking over a town from someone else. It's not that harsh if you just put in some effort, which you should. I see 500+ piety tome meetings every now and then from all religions.

1/3 of your whole religion power (approximately same situation with all religions) is not too much asked considering the impact what the town takeover has.
That's why I asked for it to be changed for the TESTING PERIOD, not permanently.
I whine, therefore I am
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

I wouldn't call this a test version. If you loose a town, you're not getting it back after this 'trial'.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

xHarlequinx wrote:One other problem with the current system is the Tekstone problem. Having guards that are automatically aggressive to all blues is a bit harsh. Can we not make it so that religions can toggle which guilds are to be targetted by guards, and make it so that unaligned blues have free movement regardless of who owns their city?
The way I see it with real estate glasses on, it gives more value to holy towns and perhaps (with time) it'll activate blue players outside of religions to support the good guys.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.