Town Siege

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Cruxis Bane

Re: Town Siege

Post by Cruxis Bane »

Without guards or summons or something then the stone would just be protected by a keening/malleus/veritas wall. Unless you are going to cancel all those rites use at stone aswell which then you make a monk very hard to use for protecting a town stone.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Darian Darkmind wrote:If the battle is between Law and Imperial and neither side can cast guards, it's fair for both sides. However, if the battle is between Tekstone and Law/Imperial and only one side can cast guards, it's no longer a fair fight.
It's the same situation for anyone attacking. Imperial can't use their guards to attack, Law can't use their guards to attack. There's no "neither side can cast guards" option. It's always the privilege of the defender(s).

Personally I don't have an issue with guards. The system is clearly built more for Law/Imperial than for Nature/Tekstone.

If guards seem like a problem, get more casters.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Jaskier Huntley

Post by Jaskier Huntley »

Boris wrote:
Darian Darkmind wrote:If the battle is between Law and Imperial and neither side can cast guards, it's fair for both sides. However, if the battle is between Tekstone and Law/Imperial and only one side can cast guards, it's no longer a fair fight.
It's the same situation for anyone attacking. Imperial can't use their guards to attack, Law can't use their guards to attack. There's no "neither side can cast guards" option. It's always the privilege of the defender(s).

Personally I don't have an issue with guards. The system is clearly built more for Law/Imperial than for Nature/Tekstone.

- Boris
Couldn't say it better.If defending the city is too easy maybe we should adjust piety requirements to cast siege as a defender and/or casting time,instead of disabling essential rite from both law and imperial tome.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Boris wrote:

- Boris
Maybe the system should be built for people who use it.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Jaskier Huntley

Post by Jaskier Huntley »

Darion al'Ferran wrote:
Jaskier Huntley wrote:
Monad wrote: What comes to the guards, better option would be to implement an anti-summon aura to the stone which dispells every summon within the screen area (approx 15 tiles).
Why would you do that?I'm not sure what's wrong with using summoned guards close to town stones when imp or law will defend a town.
20 min cooldown, usable near town stone, 60 piety only needed to end the siege. You can figure out why. :)
10 mana,up to 60 dmg,no delay-sounds familiar :)?
If defending the city is to easy adjust siege ritual,instead of making our ways to defend useless.
Monad
Game Master

Post by Monad »

Jaskier Huntley wrote:instead of making our ways to defend useless.
No need for exaggerations. We're talking about a 15 tile spot in the whole town area.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Mike wrote:Maybe the system should be built for people who use it.
Those people can always join a party for whom it's built for.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Demian

Post by Demian »

I'd see anti-summon area as a bit too much. It would be too easy to get rid of all the opposing sides guards/other summons by simply luring them to the area, and thus really hurting the defending side as guards become pretty much useless. Non-casting zone would be alot better, though I would just keep it as it is personally.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Boris wrote:
Mike wrote:Maybe the system should be built for people who use it.
Those people can always join a party for whom it's built for.

- Boris
Sounds like you got that backwards. Imperial and Law has been at peace for ages. The system should be made with Tekstone in mind since we're the only religion to display a continued interest in pursuing pvp.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Cruxis Bane

Post by Cruxis Bane »

There are ways to get around people summoning guards there and easy ways to dispel or lure them away.