Town Siege

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Zaradon

Re: Town Siege

Post by Zaradon »

Jyrgen wrote:I honestly think this whole siege system will turn/has turned pang into pure pvp-fest.
I've gotten threats by the staff for this and i do think that Town Siege should be restricted only to Imperial/Law so we wont end up as a PK shard.

Nature/Tekstone should have a different Terrotorial war.

Just my two cents.
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

I'm sorry Vaux, but I have to go ahead and say "I told you so". These are problems that I told WILL happen when this siege thing was announced. I told you the the moment someone tries siege, it WILL end like this. Tekstone tried it and lost, Imperial tried it and lost.

Only way to make it fair is if guards cannot be cast or used near the siege stone and if the whole system is changed so that the siege stone changes hand and the timer start to count backwards the moment the defending side takes it. Of course it should be faster and easier for the defending side to re-take it and thus take less time. This means it won't automatically end after one rite, instead if Imperial has been there for 12 hours, Law then has to keep it for half of that time (or maybe only one third) to completely retake it.

It's still easier for the defending side because 1) They can cast guards even if not at the stone and 2) it takes only half(or one third) the time to re-take it. This way the defending side must show some effort as well if they REALLY want to keep it, they can't just log in for 30 mins and go screw it up. Not only that this gives the attacking side a room for error and allows them to re-gear and attack again without completely losing all their work.

However, right now the system simply do not work, is not player-friendly or in any way tempting... just like I said my very first and second post in this thread. I was mistaken about Imperial being able to do it, but that's due to their veritas not affecting Nature whereas Nature affected them.

Most of the Law members in here are justifying this with "It isn't supposed to be easy", but this is due to the fact that they have no interest in sieging themself, they are only defending. If they siege, they will siege a very small town while Imperial is asleep. Will this make them awesome? No it won't. It's sad and a design flaw just like I said in my second post and just like Jyrgen said in his previous posts. The Staff will of course blame this on players telling us to get more members, but the fact is we only have certain amount of players, some from America, some from Europe. If Law would really want to, and actually try to siege a town in equal size to Trinsic they too would change their voice once Imperial shows up for 10-30 minutes and screws it up after 10 hours of hard work.
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

Only now realized Nature has succesfully sieged Occlo. Well gongratulations to them, but this only proves how flawed and "veritas"-based the whole system is.

Give Tekstone veritas and we will take Occlo from Nature - although this is only if Law cannot summon guards in Occlo?
Kerbal

Post by Kerbal »

What we have to remember is that both defenses and the capture have been 2on1 (correct me if I'm wrong about the Skara siege). And I ain't whining! But that's the way it's been.
dwight

Post by dwight »

Who sieged Occlo? Nature or Lawture?
Jon

Post by Jon »

Lawture
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

Darian Darkmind wrote:
Give Tekstone veritas and we will take Occlo from Nature - although this is only if Law cannot summon guards in Occlo?
It's not the solution.

The mechanics are favoring Nature/Law mostly.

Pangaea is designed to have the most powerful PvM/PvP tome and a semi-good PvP/PvM tome.

PvP - Law
PvM - Law

semi-good PvP/PvM religions

PvP - Tekstone
PvM - Nature

Or am i mistaken somehow?

I'd really like to see the system to be a bit more of "balanced" and not only from the playercount or some dirty tricks which are called PvP strategy.
Demian

Post by Demian »

Darian Darkmind wrote:Only now realized Nature has succesfully sieged Occlo. Well gongratulations to them, but this only proves how flawed and "veritas"-based the whole system is.

It does not prove how flawed and veritas-based the system is. It just proves that we played better since Imps couldn't even take it back with GUARDS and veritas.

Oh, and almost forgot Sacrifice.
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

Demian wrote:
Darian Darkmind wrote:Only now realized Nature has succesfully sieged Occlo. Well gongratulations to them, but this only proves how flawed and "veritas"-based the whole system is.

It does not prove how flawed and veritas-based the system is. It just proves that we played better since Imps couldn't even take it back with GUARDS and veritas.

Amen
Raphael *634500599*
Athan01

Post by Athan01 »

Demian wrote:

Not one person got looted from sacrifice yesterday, whats the point in killing someone when there is 5-10 other people that live it that are chasing and veritasing you.

And the one key difference is, lawture have malleus and veritas whereas imperial only have veritas. Most people that died, died from laws malleus cannon.
After seeing what I saw at occlo yesterday, there is alot can be said for squelch cover and kneeing.

It basicly came down to who had the most veritas users yesterday at occlo and you had 1 up on us there.
Fun fight, lets do it again next week :)