Veritas, hang in there!

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Masano

Re: Veritas, hang in there!

Post by Masano »

Boris wrote: Otherwise I don't really see anything wrong with Sacrifice nor Kill.

- Boris
If you dont see anything wrong with sacrifice or kill then the shard is doomed.

Sacrifice:
Unreflectable
Unresistable
over 150dmg everytime
7 tile damage radius

Kill is OP and the clue is in the name of the chant. Infact, it should be named instakill or just lol.

PvP could be SO much better if we just accepted that some things are OP and need signifcantly changing or even removing (for both reds and blues).

Solitude- needs removing completely.
Kill- needs nerfing majorly by damage cap but make damage more consistent like (70-100)
Sacrifice- needs damage cap or to be elemental damage.
Veritas- needs huge nerf in damage because it renders melee fighting useless.
Malleus/Keening- needs huge nerf in damage atleast in pvp. up to 60 dmg in 3 seconds and never misses? what the fuck are we thinking?
Ares

Post by Ares »

Masano wrote: Sacrifice:
Unreflectable
Unresistable
over 150dmg everytime
Debating the balance of things is not my thing, I'm not trying to argue for or against anything, but we nerfed Sacrifice recently, so that the damage deminishes the further away you are. It might still instakill but just FYI.
Athan01

Post by Athan01 »

yesterday no-one got looted because of sacrifice, in large fights like that its pretty useless imo.

And as far as kill goes, magic reflect potions perhaps? Not to mention with 105 magery and 104ss it majorly sucked, have to be wearing cloth before its effective at all.
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

Vertias and Malleus/keening should be balanced by how easy they are to use, what other effects they have and how fast they are compared to not having them.

Right now the damage is ridiculous, it's too fast to cast and veritas also has other positive effects. There really is no point to use a scepter.

Imho the fights should be mostly melee and the rituals used in tactical places when needed to, instead of completely relying on them. Melee should always be stronger and preferred choice over a ritual. Veritas damage need to be halved. Yes it means only 22 points of damage which is not much, but when combined with 5 priests, it's still a lot of damage, still too much damage to get close to.

In fact veritas take twice as long to cast with halved damage due to having so many other positive effects. Then the cooldown can be removed.
Last edited by Darian Darkmind on Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

The damage of Sacrifice has never been over 150 every time. It can scale from 100 to over 200. The spell isn't as straightforward as people whine.

One option is creating armor vs. spiritual damage. It could be as simple as -3dmg per part, so generally it would favor guys with plates. Either a completely new ore/bone/hide type or use the existing ones.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Darion al'Ferran

Post by Darion al'Ferran »

Darian Darkmind wrote:Imho the fights should be mostly melee and the rituals used in tactical places when needed to, instead of completely relying on them.
This.
Athan01

Post by Athan01 »

Masano wrote:

Solitude- needs removing completely.
Kill- needs nerfing majorly by damage cap but make damage more consistent like (70-100)
Sacrifice- needs damage cap or to be elemental damage.
Veritas- needs huge nerf in damage because it renders melee fighting useless.
Malleus/Keening- needs huge nerf in damage atleast in pvp. up to 60 dmg in 3 seconds and never misses? what the fuck are we thinking?
Holy shit masano I actually agree with all of that.
If kill was to be like that, it would need to bypass reflect and have pretty constant high damage (100ish?) with a lower casting time and reagent consumption. Otherwise i've spent many days of my life macroing spiritspeak for nothing.
Kerbal

Post by Kerbal »

No hijacking thread here, keep it at the religion vs religion. We can talk about necromancers in a different thread.
Masano

Post by Masano »

People enjoy fighting with melee, thats obvious. The amount of whine that sacrifice/kill/veritas/malleus/keening causes is unbelievable yet when it comes to actually changing anything about them significantly people wont do it because they dont want to be nerfed personally. Basically fuck you all for ruining PvP.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Kerbal wrote:No hijacking thread here, keep it at the religion vs religion. We can talk about necromancers in a different thread.
I think that we have become very good at using rites in a comparatively short time. The Tekstone keening cannon is pretty damn good. This has put a severe emphasis on the type of pvp where a group does the best when it stands in close formation and spams rites. For that reason a global reduction of damage rite efficiency is require to get us closer to the scepter-swinging times - where knights and rangers will be stronger in their roles relative to priests than they are now.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota