Veritas, hang in there!

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

xHarlequinx

Re: Veritas, hang in there!

Post by xHarlequinx »

Just to clarify, my comment was meant to be sarcastic (as this is what Boris says any time we discuss any changes to Rangers). However, being a dick aside, I don't really see any need for a special bonus to 40p.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

I wouldn't call the bonus worth advertising. At 50% you take 5dmg less from Veritas compared to 40%. That 5dmg isn't going to break anyones balls. If you compare 30% and 50%, even that won't rock anyones worlds as it's 31dmg vs. 22dmg, creating a difference of 9dmg. I just like to keep things in scale, but I can live with the 50%. It's eventually just another carrot down the road to achieve that 40p.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Knights and Rangers have so little to look forward to in terms of getting 40p so I think they should get alittle bit of an extra bonus. Even if it's small.

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

Well this whole topic may of got derailed by a negation stone making all of the spells give the Knight/Ranger the advantage they're looking for in battle.

I liked the overall idea of the % though, definitely a step in the right direction for the other piety classes.
632-140-419
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

It's not as bad in Tek vs. Veritas than Veritas vs. Veritas. For example the siege of Skara was very entertaining in our perspective. There was a lot of action, a lot of movement, etc. In case of Veritas vs. Veritas, it's horrible. You have 2 parties that are one screen away from each other. Both standing still, keeping formation. Occasionally either party decides to attack and usually it means the death of player x, who will be looted, while others run 1 screen away to regroup.

Now we're just adding a new chess piece to the table - to change the game.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

Well am I glad our suffering (lack of veritas) makes it interesting and entertaining from your perspective ;)

Although this is what I've been saying for close to 10 years: Veritas and guards ruin PvP and makes it dull and boring.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Darian Darkmind wrote:Well am I glad our suffering (lack of veritas) makes it interesting and entertaining from your perspective ;)
This is what Tekstone is about and they know it. Tekstone is for masochists.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Tyrion

Post by Tyrion »

Boris wrote:It's not as bad in Tek vs. Veritas than Veritas vs. Veritas. For example the siege of Skara was very entertaining in our perspective. There was a lot of action, a lot of movement, etc. In case of Veritas vs. Veritas, it's horrible. You have 2 parties that are one screen away from each other. Both standing still, keeping formation. Occasionally either party decides to attack and usually it means the death of player x, who will be looted, while others run 1 screen away to regroup.

Now we're just adding a new chess piece to the table - to change the game.

- Boris
Much needed.