Whines and Complains about Pangaea

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Maximilian Lhoth

Re: Whines and Complains about Pangaea

Post by Maximilian Lhoth »

I think this baba-priest thing was discussed in the flamethread... and some other threads.

priest > barbarian
priest+priest > barbarian+barbarian
priest+barbarian > priest+priest

This is what I think. Houston seemed to agree, as well as Ivan if I recall correctly. Whatever people say about Ivan, he is one of the Top True Maulers (the guys who don't use ranged attacks or latin chants) of Pangaea at the moment, which of course doesn't mean he's the best. Being not the best doesn't make you bad anyway.

Edit:
One class is always going to be better than others, equality exists only in mathematics. Priests have their downsides which are lack of individual freedom (being a part of a community), religion related restrictions (such as Law not allowed to associate with reds) so I see no problem with it really. And this bold statement comes from the founder of the Priest Nerfation Front... I'm pretty sure my Law mage wouldn't have been excommunicated from Law for hunting with a red which is not a crime, but a Law priest would get piety drop for that.
Troy

Post by Troy »

No more flaming, cant you all act decent and accept peoples differing opinions?

Anyways the thing with malas would take alot of work to do that and the whole point of malas being made was strictly for imperial to have its realm and people get to choose what they wanted. Honestly Ivan I have fought against Babas before with a priest and honestly I feel babas are beastly and overpowered. Even with extra skills and 100 piety stuff on me I was still having issues with zaradon. I think Priest and baba classes are perfectly fine right now, This is about multiple complaints so pick something besides just like 1 or 2 certain classes there are plenty others that could use some constructive help and ideas.

Also about you saying that no guild could do anything, I remember Ancient powers, Cabal of the night, Nox and several other guilds that were able to do significant damage to religions. Religions arnt completely unstoppable just they have some advantages but they are easily defeated.
Geryn Farodae

Post by Geryn Farodae »

Ivan wrote:
talerco wrote:Hay guyz! Is this where I cry about prEists???
Ya it is what do you want whine about :>

and oh yeh i can do max 120dmg crit on priest having scarlys with blesses or thats what i checked it to be with elite d fear halberd...
You did 160 on Geryn once through 85 AR. So shut up.
Geryn Farodae

Post by Geryn Farodae »

Ivan wrote:
Kent Strider wrote:Ivan our dragons got taken away and Negation Pedistal is now illegal, the hell man quit complaining about priests, we got a nerf that you wanted but you aren't done yet?
well i want suggest not to nerf priest this time global only make blessing armours and weapons useless against normal players non-religions aswell doing it other way that non-religion players blessed weapons wouldnt affect religions players aswell thats what i want only anymore. Do you thinks its too much? there aint even pvp out side of religions atm!
Religious blesses only affect enemy religions. BUT when your scepter is blessed, it increases the strength of your hit on monsters, and non religious players alike.
Maximilian Lhoth

So, basically:

- a religion blessed weapon is better against everything than one without blesses
- a religion blessed weapon is especially deadly against enemy religion members and has a special extra effect on them
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Maximilian Lhoth wrote:So, basically:

- a religion blessed weapon is better against everything than one without blesses
- a religion blessed weapon is especially deadly against enemy religion members and has a special extra effect on them
Yup, but the boost vs monsters and non-religon players isen't that big imo.
We're talking about maybe 5-10 dmg with 50 piety 106 medi.

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Jam Rave

Post by Jam Rave »

Quintoz wrote:Ivan stop running ---- mouth all day long.
Spend all this time learing to play your baba and you MIGHT have a chance against a priest, but you fail so badly at pvp it's sick.
Maximilian Lhoth

Quintoz wrote:
Maximilian Lhoth wrote:So, basically:

Yup, but the boost vs monsters and non-religon players isen't that big imo.
We're talking about maybe 5-10 dmg with 50 piety 106 medi.
At least the dragon hunters I hunted with always preferred:
- druid bless on themselves
- druid curse on the dragon
- elite hekhranish maul
- 60 piety OoN bless on their weapons

All those were considered important.
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Well OoN's bless is better to hunt with (I think, this might be bs. Since the part about Imp's being good for pvp is DEAD WRONG!).
Last edited by Quintoz on Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Mike

Post by Mike »

Well a few points of damage on each it will reduce the time it takes to kill a dragon. Then again, it doesn't always work. I can do 3 damage on a Great with a lousy hit with a hekker, and by that logic, it's either entirely the bless' damage, or it has been modified out of existance.

I'm starting to think the bless works on a percentual basis, which is inceased by a lot if the target is of an enemy religion.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota