Basic rites only weekend (9-11.11)

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Johnny Walac

Re: Basic rites only weekend (9-11.11)

Post by Johnny Walac »

Jyrgen wrote:So is this more fun without the rites? Honestly? Endless positional war with walls, does it beat the funness of veritas/malleus?
If you don't like stonewall spamming. Stop doing it?
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Jyrgen

Post by Jyrgen »

Do anything I have in my power to win/not to die/defend altar.
Akkarrin

Post by Akkarrin »

Talerco Pious wrote:There are rites that are broken.
the rites are fine this bs weekend is broken ¬_¬
Talerco Pious

Post by Talerco Pious »

Akkarrin wrote:
Talerco Pious wrote:There are rites that are broken.
the rites are fine this bs weekend is broken ¬_¬
Rites are not broken, having no OP rites is not broken. Right.

45+ damage with a 3 second cast is not in line with anything on this shard. Veritas needs to go, so do malleus and keening. And let's not forget sacrifice.
I whine, therefore I am
dwight

Post by dwight »

Special PvP rules

Blocking a passage
It is not allowed to block a passage with wall of stone for another player BEFORE you introduce roleplay. You may use wall of stone AFTER you introduce roleplay, then use wall of stone to prevent their escape. A screen shot is required with your journal open to prove this. Before and after shots help. Remember it is the blockers responsibility to prove they roleplayed before use stonewall spell.

Does this mean after you RP, stonewall can be continuosly casted in order to prevent players passage?
What is the staff interpretation of this rule exactly? It was a joke today to have the door where the fight was happening blocked all the time by walls

As for the No Special Rites weekend, I felt my archer more usefull
Talerco Pious

Post by Talerco Pious »

Momath wrote:
Special PvP rules

Blocking a passage
It is not allowed to block a passage with wall of stone for another player BEFORE you introduce roleplay. You may use wall of stone AFTER you introduce roleplay, then use wall of stone to prevent their escape. A screen shot is required with your journal open to prove this. Before and after shots help. Remember it is the blockers responsibility to prove they roleplayed before use stonewall spell.

Does this mean after you RP, stonewall can be continuosly casted in order to prevent players passage?
What is the staff interpretation of this rule exactly? It was a joke today to have the door where the fight was happening blocked all the time by walls

As for the No Special Rites weekend, I felt my archer more usefull
As long as the RP is done you can spam walls and casting a wall counts as aggression. Wall pvp is pretty much as gay as rite spamming and should be changed as well.
I whine, therefore I am
Mike

Post by Mike »

One effect that the basic rites weekend did have was to put the regular guards in focus. They are very hard to hit in melee, they are slow to kill, and the foot guards hit for a lot. Fighting in Britain under those conditions was not the best choice, but on the other hand we never get to go there normally. The guards bought a tremendous amount of time, and I think they should be more vulnerable to melee hits.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
KrondorZuula
Counselor

Post by KrondorZuula »

definitely agree they should be easier to hit melee, i swear i miss 3 out of 4 times if not worse than that
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

Wouldn't that just make clearing towns easy? Its the way it is to prevent that in my opinion.
Raphael *634500599*
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

With speical rites you can plauge, veritas or keenleus them down no problem but I still think their AR should be brought down so you can choose to melee. Makes knights and other melee classes abit better during thoose parts of the fights. As a trade off they could allways be given abit more hp.

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat