Salvation updates

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Ares

Re: Salvation updates

Post by Ares »

Simmo wrote:
Monad wrote:Well it clearly reads that when you are salvated your murdercounts are removed. We are not manually removing anyone's murdercounts.
So, when you are salvated after the update came in, the rite will remove your murdercounts. I don't know how to explain it any more simple way?
I understand it and i pretty much asked you a yes/no question and you got no clue how to explain it more easier? :D lol
And Akkarrin asked "Why not?" (about the people who have already payed millions and marks still left, cant you remove em)
Because we don't have any logs over who was salvated and which mc's they had, and besides it would be a huge task to go over it. The system is changing from now on and forward, just deal with it
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

So in other words, doesn't help oldies who've had tens if not hundreds of MCs from years ago, from the time before the item wipe and Alteran's takeover. And from players who don't even play anymore or whose characters don't exist.

Am I the only one who thinks this wasn't really a fix at all? It might fix the future incidents, but it leaves literally every older player with a red character hopeless.

I thought the idea was - and what players wanted - to make a system that forgives old MCs so that the oldies who are returning to the shard can have a fresh start without paying for millions and spending months in jail. Can as well say goodbye to many such oldies considering a come-back.

It's not very player friendly if you ask me.
Simmo

Post by Simmo »

Darian Darkmind wrote: Am I the only one who thinks this wasn't really a fix at all? It might fix the future incidents, but it leaves literally every older player with a red character hopeless.
Aye true as we got mostly old playerbase and pretty much close to nothing new playerbase.
Ares

Post by Ares »

Darian Darkmind wrote:So in other words, doesn't help oldies who've had tens if not hundreds of MCs from years ago, from the time before the item wipe and Alteran's takeover. And from players who don't even play anymore or whose characters don't exist.

Am I the only one who thinks this wasn't really a fix at all? It might fix the future incidents, but it leaves literally every older player with a red character hopeless.

I thought the idea was - and what players wanted - to make a system that forgives old MCs so that the oldies who are returning to the shard can have a fresh start without paying for millions and spending months in jail. Can as well say goodbye to many such oldies considering a come-back.

You're wrong. That wasn't the idea.

Edit: Besides that Darian, wtf do you want us to do? Like I said there are no logs over the salvations nor timestamps on the MC's. We can't travel in time you know. Only solution would be to give all reds on the shard a free salvation, and that isn't an acceptable solution.
Palma

Post by Palma »

I don't even know what else to say...

So it's either bad forever or no playing my chars? What kind of Game Mastering is this? Do you expect people who used to have time to train stuff like poisoning, stealth, 175 strength, to do it again for the simple fact of being blue? Not going to happen.
Either you leave players to play their game or they're history.

Right now I have 5 characters:
1 Alchemist that makes no profit
1 Blue necromancer that can't fight with Law and Nature

1 Priest in Nature I have fun with
1 Red baba that I cannot fight with Law and Nature
1 Red assassin who cannot rob anymore cause spears do 1hp damage to armament and he gets instants from any 40 piety priest.

You tell me, if fun stops on my Priest. What will happen?
What do you, Game masters who have full interest in their players to have fun, suggest me to do to improve my game play?
Darian Darkmind

Palma wrote:What do you, Game masters who have full interest in their players to have fun, suggest me to do to improve my game play?
Rob/join the "evil side" with your barbarian seems to be the only option left.
Palma

Post by Palma »

Darian Darkmind wrote:
Palma wrote:What do you, Game masters who have full interest in their players to have fun, suggest me to do to improve my game play?
Rob/join the "evil side" with your barbarian seems to be the only option left.
Yea, right now it's about "options left". Shouldn't be like that in my opinion.

When installing UO it says "What will you do? Who will you be?"
When talking here at the forums is "If you wanna play, your only option is"
Darian Darkmind

Ares wrote:
Darian Darkmind wrote:So in other words, doesn't help oldies who've had tens if not hundreds of MCs from years ago, from the time before the item wipe and Alteran's takeover. And from players who don't even play anymore or whose characters don't exist.

You're wrong. That wasn't the idea.

Edit: Besides that Darian, wtf do you want us to do? Like I said there are no logs over the salvations nor timestamps on the MC's. We can't travel in time you know. Only solution would be to give all reds on the shard a free salvation, and that isn't an acceptable solution.
Oh, right. I was just talking about what we players wanted. Of course you can ignore our opinion, after all, what do we know... we just play here?

There's no logs, but there was an idea that every MC older than 365-1000 days would automatically decay. It's as simple as that. All MCs older than 1000 days are from the time before Alteran so those should be instantly wiped from the system. Every MC from a character that no longer exist should be wiped from the system. You should punish players only for the crimes they've committed to players who still play.

This is a game, no matter how some people say this is a life-style, for most of us this is and will be a game. We have a real life, jobs and some even a family. You've lost touch in reality if you believe for a single second it is "fair" that a player with a red char has to 1) Pay millions upon millions which he don't have, 2) Spend months in jail when he in fact would want to play and have fun, or 3) Train a completely new character which he might not have the time for.

1+2+3 = No point playing

Some people just want to play with the little time they have left. If you force them to play hundreds of hours (Either hunting for the gold to get the salvation, or training a new character) or wait for months, it won't work.

I repeat, this is a game and criminals even in real life get off easier - at least in Finland.
Ares

Post by Ares »

Ares wrote: there are no logs over the salvations nor timestamps on the MC's.
Instead of just bitching and moaning, why don't you come up with a suggestion that creates a fair compromise for everyone? We're not just going to salvate 1 player because we feel bad for him. That would be completely unfair.

We're not trying to force anyone or be assholes, I'm annoyed that you hint that. You should know better. We're concerned with making a fair mechanism that favours everyone in the future as well.
Palma

Post by Palma »

Ares wrote:
Ares wrote: there are no logs over the salvations nor timestamps on the MC's.
Instead of just bitching and moaning, why don't you come up with a suggestion that creates a fair compromise for everyone? We're not just going to salvate 1 player because we feel bad for him. That would be completely unfair.

We're not trying to force anyone or be assholes, I'm annoyed that you hint that. You should know better. We're concerned with making a fair mechanism that favours everyone in the future as well.
Everyone has suggested, everyone discussed, everyone even people who had nothing to do with the whole subject, posted about this.
After which we just heard a "No more things will be added". You can't expect people to do suggestions after that lol.