Salvation updates

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Jyrgen

Re: Salvation updates

Post by Jyrgen »

I think it'd be possible to just make a script that'd:
If (Murdercounts>2) && (char == blue) then Wipe murdercounts. Cause evidently, the character has got a salvation at some point (either from Law or from Alty and co). However, it'd probably the unfair to some people who got salva and then went back red.
Akkarrin

Post by Akkarrin »

Jyrgen wrote:I think it'd be possible to just make a script that'd:
If (Murdercounts>2) && (char == blue) then Wipe murdercounts. Cause evidently, the character has got a salvation at some point (either from Law or from Alty and co). However, it'd probably the unfair to some people who got salva and then went back red.
im sure between law members and law forum (which goes back 4 years) and old SS's we can get pretty good idea of when salvas were for quite a load of reds?
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

4 years doesnt even represent half of the shards life span

IMHO every MC older then the last item wipe should be removed, because like Darian already mentioned the gain that you might have had from those MC were denied by the staff when the item wipe took place!
And this is very much possible because the MC timestamp is saved and Im sure we know the timestamp of the last itemwipe!
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Dalton Azevedo wrote: And this is very much possible because the MC timestamp is saved and Im sure we know the timestamp of the last itemwipe!

The itemwipe: 1st June 2008. Dalton cruising the fields for victims.

Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

LOL Johnny! Awesome pic :lol:

Anyway, I say all MC older then 1/6/2008 be remover from chars for the above mentioned reasons.
Akkarrin

Post by Akkarrin »

im pretty sure after that dalton went to gy and i killed him solitude and took his stuff :) or was that someone else, i do remember killing some red at gy lik an hour after shard came back :P
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Akkarrin wrote:im pretty sure after that dalton went to gy and i killed him solitude and took his stuff :) or was that someone else, i do remember killing some red at gy lik an hour after shard came back :P
You know you are Law when you buy materials for solitude focis at the first hour of the shard. :D
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

Ares wrote:
Ares wrote: there are no logs over the salvations nor timestamps on the MC's.
Instead of just bitching and moaning, why don't you come up with a suggestion that creates a fair compromise for everyone? We're not just going to salvate 1 player because we feel bad for him. That would be completely unfair.

We're not trying to force anyone or be assholes, I'm annoyed that you hint that. You should know better. We're concerned with making a fair mechanism that favours everyone in the future as well.
So as it was prooved, I was right and you were wrong. So the suggested solution is still valid:

1. All MCs before the item-wipe, before Alteran's takeover should be removed from the system
- all possible profit earned by killing other players was lost with the item-wipe and therefore having the MCs for such kills is unfair
2. All MCs older than 1000 days should be removed from the system
- 1000 days is almost three years, there's no need to "hold grudge" for so long. This is a game and our past should be forgiven in time
- Life of a red should be hard, but life for those who have changed their ways should be forgiving to make this game more player friendly
- Even if MCs decay, one doesn't instantly turn blue, it should just make your punishment less severe or even free without jail time if you have zero active MCs. You will still need Law's permission and salvation, but you don't have to pay anything for it if accepted.
- This way active murderers will remain red, but older ones who are returning to the shard or have otherwise seized killing, will some day be able to get free salvation
3. Salvation should remove all pass MCs
- This was already implemented and is a great thing on the long run, but this alone won't help those who are facing this problem now.

The item 3 is already implemented, but both 1 and 2 should be added as well. Although the item 2 is enough because it's been over 1000 days since the item-wipe.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

The new system is already a massive gain compared to the previous system. There aren't any freebies on the way.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Palma

Post by Palma »

Massive gain to who? Who will in the imediate time use the updates you guys made?

...Anyone?