Town Siege - Mechanisms

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Ares

Re: Town Siege - Mechanisms

Post by Ares »

So far I've gotten nothing out of this topic. An open, mature, discussion is just impossible these days.
Tyrion

Post by Tyrion »

First two pages have decent replies. Gets off track when Max starts complaining though (on the second page). Most of the discussion has been completed elsewhere regarding summoned guards at least. http://knoechel.dk/pangaea/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=10370
Cruxis Bane

Post by Cruxis Bane »

Just to take it from Monads post on the guard poll a notification that someone is attacking guards within a town or are so many paces from the town stone would be quite an amazing feature. Think this would assist both law and Nature and help law deal with the issue of timezones as with just a couple healing and behind guards it is doable to defend a town.
Ares

Post by Ares »

Tyrion wrote:First two pages have decent replies. Gets off track when Max starts complaining though (on the second page). Most of the discussion has been completed elsewhere regarding summoned guards at least. http://knoechel.dk/pangaea/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=10370
And you all go along with it. I can't be bothered trawling through 6 pages of arguing to see if there's a good point in there somewhere.

So what we have is:
If successful siege: 48 Hour Global Siege Delay

If failed siege: 12 Hour Town Siege Delay*
And possibly summoned guards tied to town stones.

This sounds reasonable to me. Is it too easy to take a town these days? We have 1-2 sieges a week atm, that seems like a lot to me. Could we change this somehow, without making it more annoying? Like adding objectives that need to be completed every x interval. Taking a town should be a massive task. The larger the city the larger the task.
Demian

Post by Demian »

I really think taking towns is a bit too easy. But to make it take a longer time/tasks could make it too annoying.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Ares wrote: This sounds reasonable to me. Is it too easy to take a town these days? We have 1-2 sieges a week atm, that seems like a lot to me. Could we change this somehow, without making it more annoying? Like adding objectives that need to be completed every x interval. Taking a town should be a massive task. The larger the city the larger the task.
Taking towns seems to me a PvP task, thus the difficulty is determined less by scripts than by the opposition.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Cruxis Bane

Post by Cruxis Bane »

Well its because no one knows someone is taking over the town I think until all guards are gone and stones are set up and everything is in place by the attacker. Guards arnt really that effect in protecting a town when someone isnt there with them.
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Updated Siege System:

1. If successful siege: 72 Hour Global Siege Delay (3 days delay)
2. If failed siege: 24 Hour Town Siege Delay (If failed, the stone should be re-siegeable the next 15min. If 15min have passed the 24hour delay kicks in)
3. When your enemy enters the town stone area you (the defending religion gets a notification)
4. You cannot siege until every guard in the city is dead.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Cruxis Bane

Post by Cruxis Bane »

That sounds pretty good, only issue I could possibly see is people waiting til guards are clear as they have been notified of someone entering the town and just sit there with a huge group waiting til everyone starts concentrating to cast siege then bum rush in.
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Cruxis Bane wrote:That sounds pretty good, only issue I could possibly see is people waiting til guards are clear as they have been notified of someone entering the town and just sit there with a huge group waiting til everyone starts concentrating to cast siege then bum rush in.
Aye. But they would only know when to rush in if there was a ghost spy. Which is another problem but for another thread I guess.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2