Mayor/citizenship/faction system draft v0.9.2

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Darian Darkmind

Re: Mayor/citizenship/faction system draft v0.9.2

Post by Darian Darkmind »

Mayors have the power to exile players. Are these exiled players attacked by the town guards? If so, that answers Edward's question.

Although, to add to his question, is it possible for a mayor to "blacklist" a certain guild or religion?
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

Darian Darkmind wrote:tempting enough to fight over.
You've been always after fair fights, with no guards and whatnot.
You always keep asking our side to go to X-roads to have a 'fair' fight and yet, you decline this idea.

Well, i'm not going to continue since the players think more about gain than fun.

So be it.
Monad
Game Master

Post by Monad »

Darian Darkmind wrote:Mayors have the power to exile players. Are these exiled players attacked by the town guards? If so, that answers Edward's question.
Ah, yeah exiled players are automatically attacked by the town guards.
Darian Darkmind wrote:Although, to add to his question, is it possible for a mayor to "blacklist" a certain guild or religion?
I don't think it's good idea to let mayor be able to blacklist that big group of players. It can too easily lead to abuse of power and complains with little benefit.
yuusou

Post by yuusou »

Monad wrote:
Darian Darkmind wrote:Mayors have the power to exile players. Are these exiled players attacked by the town guards? If so, that answers Edward's question.
Ah, yeah exiled players are automatically attacked by the town guards.
Darian Darkmind wrote:Although, to add to his question, is it possible for a mayor to "blacklist" a certain guild or religion?
I don't think it's good idea to let mayor be able to blacklist that big group of players. It can too easily lead to abuse of power and complains with little benefit.
Even blacklisting individuals can lead to abuse. There should be a very strong RP background to allow player blacklist.
Monad
Game Master

Post by Monad »

Mya, we'll see how that works out.
Cruxis Bane

Post by Cruxis Bane »

This may have been mentioned already but how big is the radius of each town going to be that your house must be in to become a citizen of a town?
Talerco Pious

Post by Talerco Pious »

Is there a possibility to add more houses outside the guarded zone for people who are exiled or otherwise just don't want to be part of this? All the ruins in the forests should atleast be deeded.
I whine, therefore I am
Monad
Game Master

Post by Monad »

Talerco Pious wrote:Is there a possibility to add more houses outside the guarded zone for people who are exiled or otherwise just don't want to be part of this? All the ruins in the forests should atleast be deeded.
Send me coordinates of the ruins and they can be deeded.

You can live inside a town without being part of any faction too. But it only gives you a negative effects like:
  • 1. Guards dont give that much protection
    2. Can't buy the same goods from vendors
    3. Higher prices for vendors
    4. No access to the town perks
Can I ask what are the reasons why you wouldn't want to be a citizen of the town you have house in? I'm not saying you should but we're trying to make this a benefical system instead non-benefical, so I'd like to hear the reasons if someone feels like it's not benefical system.
aldath c'om

Post by aldath c'om »

serpents hold and cove is going to stay as neutral town?
do their vendors stay as they are?
291-697-526
Edward Sinclair

Post by Edward Sinclair »

Can I ask what are the reasons why you wouldn't want to be a citizen of the town you have house in?
I know this question wasn't directed towards me, but I'm having issues :S
Wouldn't being a citizen of a town mean that you would have to join a "faction"? From what I've read, if I were a citizen of Magincia and I went to buy regs or do trade in Britain, someone would be able to attack me as the guards do nothing... In that case, I'd rather not be a citizen at all, just have a house in the area but not vote- I'd still be protected by all the guards but won't be ressed by them and won't be able to attack others. I don't want to have to worry about PvP on characters that I designed not to engage in any PvP at all.