Non-PVP weekend

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Should we have a Non-PVP weekend?

Yes
57%
No
36%
Makes no difference
8%

Total votes: 76

Gullivral

Re: Non-PVP weekend

Post by Gullivral »

Johnny Walac wrote:
Jyrgen wrote:
Tinks wrote:The idea is not a cancel-RP-weekend. It's a no-pvp-weekend. They are not the same.
You're forgetting that some group's RP includes chasing robbers and killing them etc. So if we were to have a non-pvp period, those robbers and scum, who Law opposes, could just hang out at Brit graveyard, mock law etc and we could actually not do anything about it. Where exactly is the RP part in that?
Hey lets do a non-pvp weekend. I wanna hang out and recruit Telborean citizens.
Oh lawd :D
dwight

Post by dwight »

I don't think we should have a Non-PVP weekend. But this gave me an idea, wich is mainly an utopia and virtually inpossible, because it must come from players goodwill:

Instead of a Non-PVP weekend, what about we have a purely IN GAME weekend? What does this mean?

It means that we won't use any 3rd party comunication program (UOAM, ICQ, SKYPE, TEAMSPEAK, PANGAEA FORUM,ETC) .
We would log in Pangaea normally, but you wouldn't have anyother way to comunicate with your pals, about IG stuff.

If you want to trade, you have to find a merchant IG. If you want to PVP, you have to find your mates IG. If you want to hunt, more of the same.

Whats the purpose? To have a real IG RP experience and feel the same our charaters feel, and have truely a roleplay experience.

Am I crazy? Yes I am!

EDIT: If you are really good RPers your charaters will know where to find eachother and what to do when together
Wolfie

Post by Wolfie »

Momath, w/e you smoking please stop ;o. There is always going to be those assholes who use 3RD party chat program.

Although, it would actually be fun!
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

That wouldn't be too bad, after all...we have vox(vaux) books in-game.
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

No need for big event to do that thing. Just do it. Turn off of your programs and run around.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Ricardus

Post by Ricardus »

Darian Darkmind wrote:There could be a non-PvP week every now and then. However, such weekend should be filled with quests, market, events and tournaments so that everyone has something to do beside killing each other.
Well only red guys are the ones who don't seem to have anything else to do except kill and robb other players. Most of the robbed players would love to have a safe period to PvM as much as they want, and that period for what i read is extremely short when comparising to the remaining time that you most likely going to be robbed. So it should be fair to everyone enjoy the game, not only the red guys. This won't take a piece of you since pvm fans have the same rights to play as the pvp afficcionates. (And don't start saying i'm flaming aggainst red guys again)
ImageSTFU Noob!!
Boris wrote:Don't worry, we're not here to kill baseclass, it's Telboreas duty.
- Boris
Mike

Post by Mike »

Ricardus wrote:
Darian Darkmind wrote:There could be a non-PvP week every now and then. However, such weekend should be filled with quests, market, events and tournaments so that everyone has something to do beside killing each other.
Well only red guys are the ones who don't seem to have anything else to do except kill and robb other players. Most of the robbed players would love to have a safe period to PvM as much as they want, and that period for what i read is extremely short when comparising to the remaining time that you most likely going to be robbed. So it should be fair to everyone enjoy the game, not only the red guys. This won't take a piece of you since pvm fans have the same rights to play as the pvp afficcionates. (And don't start saying i'm flaming aggainst red guys again)
Obviously you're not biased at all.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Ricardus wrote: Well only red guys are the ones who don't seem to have anything else to do except kill and robb other players.

Haha what? Man Ricardus, get outta here :lol:
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Corvus Albus

Post by Corvus Albus »

A big no from me aswell.
Edward Sinclair

Post by Edward Sinclair »

Corvus Albus wrote:A big no from me aswell.
It's okay, you'll still have 95% of the time to PvP :) I look forward to this, a day or two devoted to RP events and PvM is something that the shard playerbase could really use :)