Who will play again? Playercount

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Talerco Pious

Re: Who will play again? Playercount

Post by Talerco Pious »

Ivan wrote:Pang players are like little kids in the back seat of a car by the looks of it.

Imo take yer time and give us a pang that wont be shut down in 3 months.
Are we there yet daddy?
I whine, therefore I am
Vulcan
Game Master

Post by Vulcan »

Toby Frost wrote:+1.. sucks killing 5 ancient dragons in a row for less gold then it took to kill them and 3 auros... Dungeon chests I think were pretty fair.. Though locked chests from monsters needed a little imagination.
They were too random. The minimum cap was, for some mobs, as low as 2% of the maximum. The values were stabilized, you can no longer get 180 ores from a balron, but you'll also not get 9 either. The range is now around 50%.
Theodore

Post by Theodore »

I would play again muhahaha, Looking forwards to it
My bird location is 239081580 footsteps from britain bank!
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

;)
Raphael *634500599*
blckfire
Scripter

Post by blckfire »

Did someone mentioned, "New guild Menus"?

These will change according to the person trying to open them and also resize to acomodate the content.

Best part is, that we will be able to use this code to create new fancy menus for the crafting classes. But that, is for a later chapter ;)

Any suggestions in design an color are welcome xD
Theodore

Post by Theodore »

will there still be a character restore service ?
My bird location is 239081580 footsteps from britain bank!
blckfire
Scripter

Post by blckfire »

Theodore wrote:will there still be a character restore service ?
I'm positive that, as long as the characters are in the database it will be possible to facilitate that service.

Still on the part of the gumps, we will also be making some changes to the Altar/Religion Gump. Ofc, I'll be taking into consideration the old design but the idea here is to make it more easy to use for everybody (staff included).
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

With this new updated guild system, will we see in game perks?

One of the things I'd personally like to see if the ability for guilds with X amount of members on unique accounts be able to buy a house and declare it a guild hall and secure chests based on guild rank.

Another thing I'd like to see is a guild again once they have X amount of players on unique accounts be able to have access to a guild vault at a banker where the guild master can set through the guild gump what ranks or perhaps specific persons have access to it.

The main thing would be the guild hall idea though, my thinking would be, once a house is declared as a guild hall the friends and co-owners list is removed and everything is just done through guild ranks. It's almost a pointless endeavour to buy a house with the sole purpose of running it as a guild hall if you are so limited on friend space, so I think guild ranks makes perfect sense. This would or could also have the possibility of us seeing more guilds in a more balanced environment. It's always been one of the main criticisms on shards I've played on where the guild systems were lacking on this front.

As a side note, are we going to see player vendors back in higher circulation cause I have a similar idea for merchants and houses. Where you buy a house with the sole purpose of turning it into a shop which would allow you to place player vendors within the shop boundaries. So vendors could only be placed within the confines of a designated shop, once this occurs the exterior doors lose their lock cprop (thus anyone can open them) and it's just like any other nod shop just owned and ran by a player. I'd expound more on this idea but I will leave it for another time.
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman
Vulcan
Game Master

Post by Vulcan »

Cyrus Tegyr wrote:The main thing would be the guild hall idea though, my thinking would be, once a house is declared as a guild hall the friends and co-owners list is removed and everything is just done through guild ranks. It's almost a pointless endeavour to buy a house with the sole purpose of running it as a guild hall if you are so limited on friend space, so I think guild ranks makes perfect sense. This would or could also have the possibility of us seeing more guilds in a more balanced environment. It's always been one of the main criticisms on shards I've played on where the guild systems were lacking on this front.
Quoting for posterity. That would involve messing with the house deed scripts so it's not something we'll do - at all - before launching. But it's a starting point for a more advanced house system and we'll get back on it when we get there.
blckfire
Scripter

Post by blckfire »

Just to complement what Vulcan said, our vision for the guild and religion systems are that they should be more close together than apart.

This means that, for us, players should feel free to choose which RP path to take and enjoy more or less the same features offered as being part of a guild or a religion.

Our intent is that the biggest difference will most likely be in terms of RP.

We also want to give you, the opportunity to explore the RP history as you like. While we, will act as moderators for the paths you choose to take, adding content and quests along the way to go side by side with the RP. This of course, doesn't mean we will not add, ourselves, content and quests to keep things interesting.

Like we said before we have a lot of ideas and plans for the future but, like rome, it can't be built in a single day. Bit by bit we will get to the point where creating content and quests will be easy enough so that things can be done almost on the fly. Until then, bare with us and our limited time to try and make some content and features a reality.