Which of these Fighter classes (still) need boosting?

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Which classes (still) require boosting?

Archer
11%
Assassin
27%
Barbarian
12%
Knight
13%
Priest
6%
Ranger
10%
Warrior
20%

Total votes: 99

Boris
Admin

Re: Which of these Fighter classes (still) need boosting?

Post by Boris »

Demian wrote:I didn't test it myself ofcourse. But Darion gave me some of his test results and the difference isn't worth 10 million.
That was the result of Wille's temporary fix, before he went inactive. Afterwards there has been 3-4 updates to both skill and potions.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Darion al'Ferran

Post by Darion al'Ferran »

Boris wrote:
Demian wrote:I didn't test it myself ofcourse. But Darion gave me some of his test results and the difference isn't worth 10 million.
That was the result of Wille's temporary fix, before he went inactive. Afterwards there has been 3-4 updates to both skill and potions.

- Boris
Actually, the results I showed to Demian, are quite latest ones.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Darion al'Ferran wrote:Actually, the results I showed to Demian, are quite latest ones.
After that there were the wear-off rate updates, which boosted both GM and in-training from 90(+).

Darion shall represent us a thread named "110 vs. 85+10 poisoning", working with dpoison. We can boost the wear-off rates if needed. Currently it's 15% vs. 50%, so there should already be a clear gap.

- Boris
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Warriors can be fixed by boosting regeneration.
Assassins can be fixed by boosting poisoning.

If that's the sum up, both can be done by snapping fingers and about 2 minutes of scripting.

- Boris
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Boris wrote:Warriors can be fixed by boosting regeneration.
Assassins can be fixed by boosting poisoning.

If that's the sum up, both can be done by snapping fingers and about 2 minutes of scripting.

- Boris
If warrior regen + 65 healing is better than 85 healing i doubt they need a boost. Even if its in theory, still it was supposed to be warriors only weakness when comapared to baba and now its gone. (+25 str is worth of losing full plates, also poisoning i doubt)

About assassins i can't say.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Ivan wrote:If warrior regen + 65 healing is better than 85 healing i doubt they need a boost. Even if its in theory, still it was supposed to be warriors only weakness when comapared to baba and now its gone. (+25 str is worth of losing full plates, also poisoning)
Generally the problem is that both 65% and 85% are bad, when you have high STR. In both cases, you need around 50-60% of your health to bind a wound successfully. So generally the difference between 65% and 85%, is that 85% is faster, has a better chance to cure high-level poison and heals around 10-15 points more per bandage. Point being, it doesn't matter if your healing is 65% or 85%, when your health is under 50%.

In case of low STR, the problem does not exist. Assassins with 65% healing do not suffer from the same problem. Also maxium poison resistance bonus ables the Assassin to cure any level of poison with 65% healing.

- Boris
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

Boris wrote: Assassins can be fixed by boosting poisoning.

i suggested that a few weeks ago and you said poisoned has been boosted a lot and it was fine. if it's really fine, i believe you, so this is what needs to be done
Darian Darkmind wrote:What assassins need is a real boost to the assassinations itself. A bigger penalty to those succesfully assassinated, a real penalty not just some 24h curse. This will make it not only worth training an assassin, but worth spending the money and the time to kill your victim.
i made a poll about this few weeks ago too, but what came out of it?gm's said they were thinking of something, but is that something being though of?also, is a 24h curse enough?or like darian says it needs a real penalty. it's hard to train an assassin, and after that you need to buy expensive kryss and hood and (possibly) waste a lot of time to find a perfect opportunity that may not exist

also, what about the dodging system and all that topic of 85 healing/removing poisoning bonuses and give +5 statcap?is that gonna be done?
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Boris wrote:
Ivan wrote:If warrior regen + 65 healing is better than 85 healing i doubt they need a boost. Even if its in theory, still it was supposed to be warriors only weakness when comapared to baba and now its gone. (+25 str is worth of losing full plates, also poisoning)
Generally the problem is that both 65% and 85% are bad, when you have high STR. In both cases, you need around 50-60% of your health to bind a wound successfully. So generally the difference between 65% and 85%, is that 85% is faster, has a better chance to cure high-level poison and heals around 10-15 points more per bandage. Point being, it doesn't matter if your healing is 65% or 85%, when your health is under 50%.

In case of low STR, the problem does not exist. Assassins with 65% healing do not suffer from the same problem. Also maxium poison resistance bonus ables the Assassin to cure any level of poison with 65% healing.

- Boris

Still forgot about the fact that there is only +25 str in exchange for plates and poisoning, which will simply just make warrior better.

Or perhaps healing rates for high str should be modified, you know it wouldnt be unfair due CERTAIN class.
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

The only problem with warrior's better regeneration is the fact it is interupted each time you take damage. If it wasn't, warrior would be pretty nice.

I still think instead of using the core-scripted regeneration which we cannot change script-wise, we should instead grant warriors a passive regeneration "aura" that generates HP no matter what. It requires a bit more scripting, but it'd fix the issue with "core-scripted".
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

Agreed with Darian and i've suggested the same thing, but in other words.