Your Burning Questions / FAQ Re: RunUO/Shard Update

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Biggs

Re: Your Burning Questions / FAQ Re: RunUO/Shard Update

Post by Biggs »

Iktomi wrote:The world will largely be the same, with a few major changes (for example Occlo is totally different, fire island has some changes to it, etc.), We're not going for a custom world though, as this would highly increase the chances of this project going the same way as the Pang2 project.

Just as an update, I finished scripting planned chances to the class system last weekend, so will hopefully get those posted up here before the end of the week for people to discuss/comment on.

Cool look forward to it thank man!
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

Nice work, been about two weeks I think since I've been to the forums, my computer got hit with a lovely virus which decided to encrypt my files, I've been to lazy to fix this so I just turned it off and it's been off for the last two weeks, I've just been doing netflixing but figured I would check the forums today on the iPad.

That being said, I am happy to hear everything is going still on this project, I stumbled across a POL shard that has an interesting death system and thought maybe it would be a neat thing, it gives a nice RP to the death system.
Death System Description

I know this isn't the ideas section, but seeing how this might be something to implement before launch figured this might be a good place for it as the most active thread in terms of the new project.
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman
James Blackburn

Post by James Blackburn »

Cyrus Tegyr wrote:Nice work, been about two weeks I think since I've been to the forums, my computer got hit with a lovely virus which decided to encrypt my files, I've been to lazy to fix this so I just turned it off and it's been off for the last two weeks, I've just been doing netflixing but figured I would check the forums today on the iPad.

That being said, I am happy to hear everything is going still on this project, I stumbled across a POL shard that has an interesting death system and thought maybe it would be a neat thing, it gives a nice RP to the death system.
Death System Description

I know this isn't the ideas section, but seeing how this might be something to implement before launch figured this might be a good place for it as the most active thread in terms of the new project.
thats some interesting thing to be honest, i dislike stat and skill loss only :D imagine retrain your heighten medit :D but overwall its nice, and would be helpfull in dungeons aswell, more rarely you would have to spam other icqs to save ya, not sure how this would affect pvp tho
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

Well the general idea is there it can be tweaked, I'm hoping honestly heightened is handled differently but I doubt it will be but skill loss could easily be removed. I just like the way it better works from an RP standpoint death.
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

interesting idea
but i wonder if it won't piss ppl off that like pvp and looting too much? :P
Arden Darkfall

Post by Arden Darkfall »

Temporary stat loss is a nice penalty for auto ressing, but we'll then have to find a new way to train healing/spirit speak. Skill loss is too much of a penalty for anything game related. Some might even say it's too much of a loss for failed macrochecks even. :arrow:

The knock out idea is particularly good in reducing damage of annoying lag caused deaths.

PvP would obviously require different rules.
KrondorZuula
Counselor

Post by KrondorZuula »

if i remember correctly you can train spirit speak by just continously clicking it, and it heals you aswell

in runuo..
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

yeah i'd love those temporary stat/skill loss (TEMPORARY!)
i even heavily suggested the assassination system where you could temporarily drop skills and stats of the guy being assassinated.

a good penalty for when you die, other than just items items items and more items
Shednil

Post by Shednil »

I have read of a character name change for everyone and that there just being two religions.

That sounds to me like it will be a complete new world, new story and new characters where none of the story or development for the characters on pangaea will matter. Is that the case?
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

Shednil wrote:I have read of a character name change for everyone and that there just being two religions.

That sounds to me like it will be a complete new world, new story and new characters where none of the story or development for the characters on pangaea will matter. Is that the case?
I do not believe anything is finalized yet in terms of the religion system as it has yet to be and won't be scripted until launch, that being said if I had to guess you were reading someone's suggested idea to only have two religions.

I can't see why there would only be two religions and to be honest do not want to even speculate on it, I imagine that there will be at the least three but no one knows at the moment as it isn't necessarily the top priority for getting the runuo project up and running.