I started a political blog

Discuss here anything you like to, but keep a proper tone

Moderator: Game Masters

Maximilian Lhoth

I started a political blog

Post by Maximilian Lhoth »

http://reichsbieber.puheenvuoro.uusisuomi.fi

Finnish only, sadly. But we have many finns here. If into politix, go read, if not, JUST DO NOT CLICK THE LINK.
Darian Darkmind

Re: I started a political blog

Post by Darian Darkmind »

No offence man, but seriously... reading your blog did nothing but piss me off. Isn't it time for you to get a hold of your life, quit UO and get a job? No reason to whine about income support when you're doing nothing constructive yourself to fix the problem. It's all up to you, you can spend rest of your life whining or you can decide to change it. You already stopped drinking and imho going absolutist is harder than getting a job. And I know you've done work before too, but to me it sounds like you just choose the easy way, the lazy way... so stop whining!

- someone who pays your living
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Google translator works quite okay. What comes to personal opinion, I'm not sure if I should quote George Thorogood or not.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Shadow_Nirvana

Post by Shadow_Nirvana »

Get a haircut and get a real job?
Ork-Hun Akh-Man, Assassin in training
Ser-Tach Akh-Man, Merchant

Bird Location : 608-965-161
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Shadow_Nirvana wrote:Get a haircut and get a real job?
Clean your act up and don't be a slob?

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Monad
Game Master

Post by Monad »

I don't know what or why he's unemplyed and I'm one of those who "pays your living" aswell. But honestly speaking I couldn't care a rats ass. There are maybe millions of people aboard who simply have decided to live the way they do, and IMO life is too short to force yourself to do something for whole of your life what you don't like to do. Sure you can come with arguments of "what if all would quit job" well, that doesn't happen. There are always those who works and those who doesn't.

I'm in a happy position that I do what I like but I also get paid for that, but I don't see anything wrong if I pay someone's living as long as they are happy. The tax money I pay goes into much more undesirable places than paying for some happy fella's food into the fridge. I've never personally understood the mentality in western countries that if you decide to work your ass off, what right you have to say that everyone else should do it aswell? We're living in a welfare state and as long as you can get your living by not working, why shouldn't he.

Life is not about work.
Shadow_Nirvana

Post by Shadow_Nirvana »

combo breaker Monad, tsk tsk...
Ork-Hun Akh-Man, Assassin in training
Ser-Tach Akh-Man, Merchant

Bird Location : 608-965-161
Mike

Post by Mike »

Monad wrote:I don't know what or why he's unemplyed and I'm one of those who "pays your living" aswell. But honestly speaking I couldn't care a rats ass. There are maybe millions of people aboard who simply have decided to live the way they do, and IMO life is too short to force yourself to do something for whole of your life what you don't like to do. Sure you can come with arguments of "what if all would quit job" well, that doesn't happen. There are always those who works and those who doesn't.

I'm in a happy position that I do what I like but I also get paid for that, but I don't see anything wrong if I pay someone's living as long as they are happy. The tax money I pay goes into much more undesirable places than paying for some happy fella's food into the fridge. I've never personally understood the mentality in western countries that if you decide to work your ass off, what right you have to say that everyone else should do it aswell? We're living in a welfare state and as long as you can get your living by not working, why shouldn't he.

Life is not about work.
My opinion is that everyone should contribute to the welfare of the nation so that people who are laid off or suffer injury that keeps them from working can get the support they need until the can find a new job, or for the rest of their lives if they are physically unable to work.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Andoriel

Post by Andoriel »

i wouldnt quickly judge him regarding living in wellfare. To me he seams like his geting his acts together and if i am right he is creating a political oponion based on his experiences.
I dunno I beleive in huge potential of human beings even when they got themself in alcoholism and drug addiction. I seen people worse off( living in the streets) become great activists as well as productive human beings when they embraced political ideology.
Remember its the conditions that create people like him, not otherway around
Ps: i dunno about finland but if we ever to get rid of welfare in canada our crime rate would sky rocket and reach the level of united states. Think of welfare as a social safety net rather then burden
- fellow tax payer
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

I just see most of political activists as unemployed lazy piece of shits who use the "activist"-term as an excuse for their laziness. They don't WANT to work, because they don't HAVE to. Yes, I don't have to work either, but like Monad I too am in a happy position that I actually like what I do. Granted, not everyone has it that "easy" on the work, but people who act like political activists while the country and the government supports and pays for their living sound like a douche to me. It's like those rich kids living on their father's income, never working a day and when the father tell them to get a job the kids tell them to fuck off or how UNFAIR their father is for only buying them a Porche when they wanted a Ferrari. Ungrateful prats.

Imho people who CAN work, should work. Of course injured people should be supported. Also we have a lot of people that are unemployed and WANT to work, who have a family and NEED to work, yet they don't get a job and fall to depression. Those are the people we should support, those who play their part in the society.

Then there are people who hide themselves from the society, who are complete outcasts never seeing sunlight... those I can somewhat understand as well as even if not injured they are, in most cases mentally ill. But I draw the line when they turn out activists and anarchists who whine how shit our government and country is for not paying them enough. If they don't like it here, if our country is so shit to live in, they can move out so that we can spend the money to those really deserving and needing it.

I do agree with Monad though that you shouldn't spend your live doing something you hate, instead aim to be happy. However work isn't something you have to hate - there are millions of ways to earn money, you simply can't hate all of them. You work to live, not live to work.