The off. FU thread moved-> http://flames.here.ws/

Discuss here anything you like to, but keep a proper tone

Moderator: Game Masters

Ivan

Re: The official FxCK YOU thread

Post by Ivan »

New topic for flaming:

THE UBER RELIGION ROBBER KILL STELAER MONSTER FARMING FAGGOTS WITH OVERPOWERED CHARS TEH PRIESTS OF PANGAEA.

should be pretty clear

good sides:

100 healing
170str with bless
over 100 dex with bless
over 60 ar w/o shield
blessed sceptor with 170str (bless str) makes about as much dmg as halberd w/o bless and is faster
100 resist just makes them to be able to kill everything alone when well trained (heightened skills are not MUST HAVE ever)
rites > mage spells

bad sides:

85 tactics OH NOES AS IF IT WOULD REPLACE ALL THAT ABOVE!

AND THEY ARE STILL WHINING ABOUT LOSING DA DRAGON
Last edited by Ivan on Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maximilian Lhoth

Post by Maximilian Lhoth »

Kenyon Ahearn wrote:Just because Max created a terrible thread about flaming each other doesn't mean that it can be carried forward to every thread.
Don't hate the player, hate the game.

What unique have you created?
Last edited by Maximilian Lhoth on Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

ok now whine what did i make wrong with my last post how could you look down on priests when compared to other classes

baba:

good:

175 base str (hard to get)
100 tactics (easy to get)
high dmg

bad:

low ar
slow weapons

neutral:

basic healing
basic resist
no spells as fighter should be

Archer:

Good:

good ar
poisoning
fast weapons
100 tactics

bad:

weak dmg

neutral:

basic healing
basic resist
no spells as fighter should be
Maximilian Lhoth

Ivan wrote:New topic for flaming: THE UBER RELIGION ROBBER KILL STELAER MONSTER FARMING FAGGOTS WITH OVERPOWERED CHARS TEH PRIESTS OF PANGAEA.
- 255 statcap (average)
- Best stat blesses (with necromancer which is a magic user)
- Best healing of all classes (a big advantage)
- Best resist of fighter classes (minor advantage)
- Stronger (though not precastable) "spells" than magic users have (especially stoning and malediction)
- To be successful in PvP it's best to make a priest, even if you want to be a barbarian, necromancer, archer, assassin, bard or so, just because priest is better and the enemy has more priests unless you make a priest, which ruins your roleplay experience of being a character of unique abilities.

I was asked to join a religion recently, but to join it I "should" switch from mage to monk (not that it was a necessity but a definite plus if I went monk).

I was in Law for a while, when Imperial was still causing trouble in Britain (the reason I joined was PvP, not piety as I'm a mage). I was also in one Law meeting - all others there were piety users. Only me with no tome. Are religions so dull you wouldn't join them if they didn't give you a tome?

I would love it, if even two or three (main character) priests admitted honestly what I said with cat sized letters was true in their case.
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Tome should be nerfed into +12-15 blesses and 12 armors bless malleus and veritas into magic arrows summons into kal xen (normal mage summon spell) and thats it.

ATM PRIEST ON PANGAEA IS GREATLY OVERPOWERED EVEN THOUGH THEY GOT DA COOL SCEPTOR IN THEIR ARSE
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

YOU SEE BTW PRIESTS ARE NOT SAYING ANYTHING BECAUSE IM RIGHT!
Maximilian Lhoth

And as I have stated earlier, I don't care about priest being good or even superior(?) in PvM, this is not jealousy.

PvP is another story and I definitely hate the fact you "need to" make an unsexy cleric to fight the enemy, which of course consists of other unsexy clerics (PvP revolves around religions), when you want to be a sexy warrior, necromancer, druid, wizard or so - just because the sexy classes cannot beat the unsexy one overall.

Low piety in the religion = your altar can be corrupted "irreversibly"
Low piety in the religion = your "homies" can be stoned by the "mofos" and not freed "ever"

And if you have 10 normal non-religious men (knights, barbarians, archers, necros etc) against 3 priests, you will lose the fight with time just because they could (not anymore because of rule changes) stone (or scare you with malediction - or whatever is especially scary for you as an individual) you all with time unless you fled and logged immediately when seeing a priest.
Daemorth

Post by Daemorth »

blessed sceptor with 170str (bless str) makes about as much dmg as halberd w/o bless and is faster

Well if you compare a onyx scepter to a solar halberd, yeah it is better ,fucking dumb ass.
Ivan, if they decrease blesses, they need to increase the statcap AND the max str off a priest, otherwise they are just trading one problem with another, nerfing and nerfing wont help, they need to find a perfect balance for priest, which they are trying to do, if you would get your face out of your moms ass for more then 2 sec you would realize it and shut the fuck up.
Your like a little child who loses at football and blame the fact that the other kids are 1 year older, grow a fucking pair off nuts you retarded fuck.
Maximilian Lhoth

Ivan wrote:Tome should be nerfed into +12-15 blesses and 12 armors bless malleus and veritas into magic arrows summons into kal xen (normal mage summon spell) and thats it.
Would love it, but I'm not suggesting that hardcore nerfing as everyone would stop playing when their uberpriests became weaklings like others.

I know a game in which "LIFE MAGIC" (there were many types of magic) was very effective - you could train your healing (life) magic when you reached higher levels. Getting your Life Magic up meant you would eventually become invulnerable because you could just spam the easiest healing spell to keep your hp up, as it was very little mana consuming and didn't fail for a skilled Life Magician.

Later this was nerfed - high level characters were made unable to use the amateur "light heal" and only higher level heal spells which led to many of the despicable powergamers QUITTING because they lost their power and the playerbase went very low.

With Pangaea's priest being nerfed (PvM wise) too much, the story would have a similar ending because of them despicable powergamers you find in every game and shard.

That's why I aim for just removal of stoning and malediction.
Maximilian Lhoth

Ivan wrote:Tome should be nerfed into +12-15 blesses and 12 armors bless malleus and veritas into magic arrows summons into kal xen (normal mage summon spell) and thats it.
We would see no priests anymore. The sellouts would switch class (most of them never wanted to be priests at all but eventually sold out)